I don't know what to do now any advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have not posted for a while I have been in the process of asessments to go into rehab but i got a letter yesterday saying they could not take me as my complex mental health issues meant I was a high risk and said they don't think I would be able to cope with the intense 18 wk program I feel devastated I have had a couple of home detoxes but because of my home circumstances I was soon bk drinking again I feel everything I try to do to stop drinking and deal with my issues I get no where I don't know what to do now I feel terable I have put on a lot of waight over the last couple years due to alchol I feel so depressed don't know where to turn to now for help maybe I should just try on my own to beat this I can't think of anything else to do x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

HI there. Most certainly a complex situation and I do feel for you. Do you have anybody you can trust or rely on? Family or friend? SOmebody who can help and support you? Just wondering where you can turn for help since you got turned down for rehab. Give yourself rewards when you stay sober..keep reporting back  smile
    • Posted

Hi Robin I don't go out at all one of my many issues so don't mix with people x at all my old friends are all drinkers which I have distance myself from my family don't know the extent I drink so I feel alone and I can't see how I am going to get through this I just want to give up now I have realy tried I have but no one seems to be willing to help me if I just can get few the next few days with out any alchol I may be in for a shot I have not had any so far today i will see how it goes I can't think if anything else I can do
  • Posted

Hope the moderator will allow this link. It is a very informitive video that everybody on here should watch.

You will notice very soon once you start the Sinclair Method your life WILL improve.

Good luck, Tim

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link as it was to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. From a quick look you have to pay for the full video. If users want the link please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I will send Jsvkie a private message with what she needs to follow up your advice, Tim. I was going to suggest the same thing and then saw that you had already said it.
  • Posted

Hi

have you considered antabuse. This drug probably saved my life and I haven't had a drink for 13 years. It took away the obsessing as well, the shall I shant i. I couldn't have a drink it was that simple.

• Posted

Unfortunately, Jo. While you treated antabuse with the required respect, it is an extremely dangerous drug and drinking with it can result in death. This is why many doctors won't prescribe it these days. I wouldn't suggest to any of my clients that they should use it because there are safer more effective alternatives.

I'm glad it worked for you though, and I have seen it work for others but the vast majority of people I have known to use it have simply stopped taking it because it didn't help their cravings.

• Posted

Hi Paul thankyou for the link I have not watched it yet but thankyou for doing that for me I am at a loss but will be watching it with intrest thankyou I also like to thank Tim to so thank you for putting this to me Tim if you are reading this
    • Posted

Actually jsvkie, I can't take the credit for the video or the link, it was Paul who turned me onto this...thanks to Paul. I'm only passing it around because more people that know about it the better we all will be  wink

I just wish the moderator would let some things go thru.

• Posted

Hi Tim/Paul,

I haven't got time to check in detail every link/video etc that is posted. I removed the one above as it looked like users had to pay to watch it. If it is an evidence based useful video it may be the site director/content manager would include it here

https://patient.info/health/media/videos/collections/alcohol

If you want to send me a PM about this please do and I can pass on to the content manager.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

You are correct in that the video must be purchased, Emis. I wish it was available for free distribution, as it IS evidence-based and challenges the traditional way of looking at alcohol addiction. I am talking to the makers of the video about how I can get it out there to people who need to see it but can't, for whatever reason, pay to do so.
    • Posted

Thank you Alan

I think I would prefer Paul to carry on with this item. He has more knowledge about this than me.

Excellent site here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.