I don't know what to do severely depressed over this.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am 25 and I am at my wits end with worry. I think I might have hiv but unsure when i got it. I am with a new partner for nearly a year and he is amazing. Iv never cheated or done anything behind his back but I have not had a hiv test before and I have become so ill with worry about it. I think i have swollen lympnodes I can't really tell but since around 6 months ago my body had not been great. I developed alopecia around a year ago and it's still not went away. I had a blood test during the summer but they only tested for vitamins and fbc I am scared to loose him as I have fallen for him completely. I noticed around 2013 when I was with my ex I began to get frequent thrush but eventually stopped and haven't had it since but I think I have bv and comes back after using the gel you get in chemists. I do have a copper iud but I noticed I'm having spotting between periods and longer painfull periods since around September last year. I did have an sti when I was 20 but it was treated. I put my hands up that I was silly in the past but have not slept with a ton of people . My partner told me I was his first which makes it worse. I will do the right thing by telling him I'm getting one done but I'm scared he will nOt be understanding and leave me. I feel disgusting and dirty I am not a bad person but nothing goes well for me. This has affected me at work I can't focus. Around my belly I have hard lumps you can feel when pressing. I know I am chubby but it doesnt feel like fat. My skin gets itchy and red sometimes but goes away instantly. Doctors in the past have said it's just anxiety and stress as I do suffer from it. The only symptom I don't have is diarrhoea and weight loss. I really hope it's just anxiety but I petrified to tell hi. I dunno how I can approach him about it. Please help I just want to settle down and forget my past.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Forgot to add that I also have scabs on my scalp for years that won't go away (I don't help by picking) if I am infected I think I may have a rough idea who it was but I know my ex gave blood during our relationship so he either lied or never caught it.

• Posted

First, if you have symptoms, it is called AIDS, not HIV. But regardless, it does not sound like you have AIDS. If you want to put your mind at ease, GET TESTED. Talk to your doctor about how you've been feeling the past 6 months so they can figure out what's going on with your body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.