I don't know what to think anymore,please give me some insight!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey there, I am a 19 years old female, generally healthy and active,watching what I eat. A month ago I had stomach issues. I was eating and after a while i felt a hollow feeling as if I hadn't eaten anything. I went to a gastroentologist and she examined me saying that she doesn't think that thsi is something serious (normal stool,every morning). I had an ultra sound in September so nothing wrong with my liver, kidneys and stuff, The gastroentologist said that I have gastritis caused by anxiety and gave me omeprazole. However I had to leave for the weekend and forgot to take them with me (it was a few last left). Since then I wake up with the same hollow feeling, whenever I eat it's even worse, I experience pain middle upper abdominal. No diarrhea, just nausea after I eat as well as this hollow feeling that feels like burning too sometimes. I really don't know what to think, I've searched around and I can't relate to much. Anyone had this before? I'll go back to the gastroentologist and request an endoscopy for sure.

0 likes, 15 replies

Report

15 Replies

  • Posted

    Also, I started taking chelated magnesium last week and a vitamin B complex (B1,B 6,B12). Before omeprazole , those episodes wouldn't be an everyday thing,but I think after omeprazole it became something more constant. Now that I stopped it's even worse! 

    Report Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Needhelp asap

      Omeprazole will not let your B vits absorb any gastro problem such as heartburn and acid reflux will stop them abdorbing into your ileum then into your bloodstream....Be patient and wait for the tests that have been arranged for you. I know its easier said than done..most of us on the forum have been through anxious times.....best wishes.

      Report Reply
    • Posted

      Also...you can get B12 complex patches that will go directly into your blood stream..they are not in the pharmacists or stores but you can get them on well kown shopping sites also spray B12 that is sprayed onto the gums....
      Report Reply
    • Posted

      i went back to the gastro today and she said that if the pills didn't work it's because there is nothing wrong in my stomach, no ulcers no h pylori..she thinks it's all anxiety related. She just ordered an ultra sound to be even more sure. I didn't know about the patches and the spray, thank you very much for the info! Best of luck to you too!

      Report Reply
  • Posted

    If your omeprazole was working for you that would indicate that you had an episode of gastric acid related dyspepsia and/or GERD. Nothing serious.
    Report Reply
    • Posted

      It did help with the hollow feeling but was experiencing dull pains still. Ahh you really made me feel better, I'm really worrying it's just so irritating, I'm afraid to eat cause I know my stomach will be bad afterwards. Thanks! 

      Report Reply
  • Posted

    Go back on the omeprazole and see if this helps. If you come off this medication very quickly you can get acid rebound symptoms.  Avoid gastritis triggers such as fatty and spicy foods.  Coffee and chocolate are common culprtis.
    Report Reply
    • Posted

      I went and she said that it's not even necessary , and to not put myself in this situation, she says there's nothing wrong and that it's all anxiety related (as the pills didn't really work either). She ordered an ultra sound juts in case and I'll go have it and then go back to her and see what happens. Thank you!

      Report Reply
    • Posted

      If you have already been diagnosed with gastritis, diet, anxiety control and medication will help.   You may have to try a different medication.  Gastritis can be brought on by anxiety. If a previous ultrasound showed nothing, I wouldn't worry about what a new one will or will not show.

      Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up