I don't know what to think what to do. Help me please

Posted , 4 users are following.

I don't know where to start. My partner before Christmas had mental breakdown. He blamed me and everyone, said he is exhausted. We have long distance relationship. I asked him if he wants to leave me, he said he is in bad place now. He sometimes text me (every two weeks). It's been a month now and I suffer. I can't help him, he doesn't want my help. Yesterday we just chat for a little bit and I told him that I miss him and he said he doesn't care. He is different person, angry, withdraw. I live in limbo for so many weeks. We loved each other so much, I just don't know what to do, what to think. Sometimes I send him message, tell him what's going on etc. He reads them but never reply. Doesn't want to call. I don't know if it's depression. Two weeks ago he said that I'm amazing and it's not my fault, and yesterday was so cold, angry... I'm so devastated.

What should I do, what should I think. He disappears for two weeks, show up for a day, and again. He doesn't say that he wants me to leave him, or doesn't love me anymore. I don't know what to think. I don't wanna leave as we wanted to spend rest of our life together, be a family.

After yesterday chat a think to and my life, I'm so so devastated.

Thank you for read.

Jo

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi jo, i wouldn"t blame you being lost! you've been on an awful journey, i think you need to give yourself a break, don't question why? do what is right for you, look after yourself, he knows where you are let him make the move.....

• Edited

don’t try to force anything. He’s going through a difficult personal time that may have nothing to do with you. It’s difficult to have a relationship when a person is feeling depressed or something is wrong. A relationship takes a lot from each person and he’s just not able to give that right now.give him space and wait for him to come to you. If the relationship does not last, don’t take it personally. That means it just wasn’t meant to be.

A long distance relationship is very difficult to maintain because you don’t have the day-to-day togetherness that it takes to keep a relationship strong.relationships can be difficult even when you see each other every day, so long distance relationships are much tougher.however It may work out in time. just know that whatever happens you did your best and gave him space when he needed it. Take care

• Posted

it's hard to help someone if they don't want help or aren't ready for it. Hopefully he comes around soon. try yo distract yourself with happy activities and take care of you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.