I don't know where to turn I have no one that understands me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am new to this...im 19 years old and have had a rough childhood from the beginning....Im not really sure what it is that I am going through I need some help and I don't know how to ask for it.It has gotten hard just to get up in the morning because i know whats waiting for me I cry myself to sleep at nights i try my hardest to hide the scars and the tears just seem to never end I  have severe panic attacks to the point where they turn into seizures and i feel like im dying it hurts to breath and I  am just so tired...i don't know what to do if anyone out there understands please reach out and help i don't know that I can fight much longer.....

d

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie - you mentioned scars. Are you self harming? The first thing to do is to make an appointment with your doctor to discuss what you are feeling. It might be an idea to jot down a list of your feelings as they occur, take that list with you to the appointment, it will help you explain things. Meds - antidepressants - might be prescribed. they will take 3-8 weeks to work. they will help balance your mood. They are tool and should be used in conjunction with a therapist or psychologist for best results. A psychologist would be advisable in your instance as there are underlying issues with your childhood that are no doubt a catalyst for how you feel now. It is a journey and will take time. Allow yourself that. the meds will make you feel more balanced but it is important not to just give up on the process because you are feeling better. Digging down inside to uncover, face and deal with buried issues of anger and hurt is the answer. It will be painful, but you will be doing it in a safe place with a professional, so just go with it. The difficulty with depression is that it is invisible - you can't poiunt to a spot and say "it hurts here." It affects everyone differently. But it is an illness that needs action to deal with it. You are not alone, and it is to your credit that you are reaching out for help. Make that appointment. Remember you are not alone and we are always here to talk to. Go for it.

• Posted

Hi Jamie I am Diane and I am so glad that you wrote us today!! Way to go to reach out for help!! Wayne the man that just wrote to you is very smart! Extremely smart and I did exactly what he told you to do. And guess what? It took time but it worked. It really worked. And all the time that you are getting help you can write in to us for support! Please call a psychiatrist today. We will support you! We care. Diane
  • Posted

hi jamie,

sorry you feel that way. you should make an appointment with a doctor whom you feel comfortable with and tell him what you're going through. if it is suspected to have something to do with the childhood as you mentioned it i would recommend to see someone with a psychoanalytical approach rather than cognitive behavioural therapy.

psychoanalysis explores what in your past could have caused what you're going through. cbt focusses on how you can deal with it. both might be of importance yet if you want to get rid of it you probably need to find the source.

as was said by wayne it might be helpfulf to use medications. yet be careful with these as they can have various effects and may even cause discomfort. inform yourself about any drug propositions or ask the doctor about full disclosure (unfortunately often they don't know much about it). which is why i'm pointing it out.

also one should always exclude any physical causes such as thyroid discfunction, hormonal imbalances, etc.

are you taking contraceptive pills?

if so, research whether this could all be a side effect from it.

regards,

d

• Posted

Hi Jamie do you know how to private message on this site? I have not figured it out yet. If you can please private message me. ADLdiane. Talk to you later. Diane
    • Posted

Click on the members name and another box will appear. Click the blue message option to send a pm.

• Posted

Hypercat thank you so much. I appreciate that. Diane
  • Posted

School has not gotten any better the kids continue to bully me i try to go home and inform my parents of what has been going on and they seem to not understand me they think i just want attention i have tried to run away 3 times. 

music used to help me calm down now it doesn't i've stopped interacting with my friends i have started smoking and drinking mainly when i dont have school the next day i have tried to stop cutting but the longer i go the harder it gets to not do it im running out of hope that life will get better. im not taking pills or anything. what should i do?

• Posted

Hi Jamie,

Sorry you are not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel yet. You mention you are still at school - do you have a school nurse or counsellor in whom you could confide? It's so important to express ourselves in a safe environment & feel validated & listened to. You will find friends whenever you post on this forum but it's not quite the same as communicating face to face. Please reach out to someone you can trust & keep us updated too as we care about you & want the best for you. Hugs x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.