I don't know whether I have breast cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

So, I'm 18 and I've been paying attention to my boobs since I'm still 14 or maybe 15.. It's starts to grow so weird, bigger on the left side, and as you can see, my right nipples is like getting inverted.. They were also discharging something like water but the colour was like mixing, at first it was like a bit whitish transparent water, I don't know how to say that but when I tried to press them a little bit, a white-coloured water came out. Just like milk. Well, I'm really scared because I'm a virgin and how did that happen to me. And I don't remember when they're stop discharging the white water, but after that stop they started to get clogged until now.

I've read so many articles about breast cancer, but I don't feel any pain, also I don't have any lumps.. I just don't have any breast cancer symptoms but the too different size and inverted nipples.. I'm too scared to tell my mom.. But maybe here I can get the answer..

I actually once asked my aunt about this, and showed he and she said that it's normal, but I'm not sure about it.. Because it's just look so abnormal for me..

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Aishlo,

I am a retired nurse practitioner who has examined many women's breasts as part of a physical evaluation for breast cancer. Women's breasts are often of unequal size and not symmetrical. Are they leaking fluid spontaneously or only when you try to squeeze fluid out? Is there a family history of breast or ovarian cancer in your family? Do you feel a hard lump?

In any case, you should consult a gynecologist to have your breasts examined.

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Hi Aishlo,

I want to offer you reassurance that most 18 year old women do not develop breast cancer. Some women have one inverted nipple, and one that is not. If the nipple changed to an inverted nipple, that is when to be concerned. Also, if the fluid from your breast is expressed under pressure by you, it is not considered a problem. If it is leaking, then you absolutely would need a work up, preferably by your gynecologist.

Please let me know how you are doing. May I ask where you live?

Best Regards

Merry Juliana

• Posted

Thank you so much for your response... And sorry, I forgot to mention about it only comes out when it receives some pressure (but now it doesn't, like I mentioned).. The first time I realized is after I laid my upper body on the table like I usually do but it doesn't give much pressure on my breast.. I mean when I tried to press it, I pressed it a little harder than when I laid on the table.. Nobody has the history of breast/ovarian cancel.. I also don't feel any hard lumps..

I'm doing well since that day, and I'm from Indonesia..

• Posted

Hello Again!

I do not know what health care is like in Indonesia, but if there is a female gynecologist you could see, just to check things out, that would be best. They could do blood tests of some circulating hormone levels, to see why the fluid in your breasts are there. I suggest a female, only to make you more comfortable.

Please note that milky fluid in your breasts is not a sign of breast cancer! Great news!!!! Right! You are obviously well educated and bright to know when to check things out when something is a little off with your body.

Aishlo, please write and let me know of any other questions or fears you have. I was a young virginal lady at 21 years with a ovarian tumor once, and I know how scary this feels.

You are quite welcome.

Best Wishes

Merry Juliana

• Posted

You can only tell if you have breast cancer by checking the inside of the breasts. Anything on the outside doesnt tell the whole story.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.