I don't no if I have pmr or not

Posted , 10 users are following.

I went to see a rheumatologist wit he knots of muscles in my kneck she said I had wear n tear of the neck I have been getting worse pain wise I'm on lots of different pain meds I got diagnosed with fibromyalgia for the last six month I keep going back to doctors different ones as its a five min appointment . I now struggle to get out of bed my neck is in agony trying to get up I shuffle to the end of the bed to get hold of draws to try pull myself up plus also I can't stand or walk much now even trying do my hair hurts shoulders and standing kills back and hips I'm walking stooped over so I thinkbibcould have polymyalgia Thank you

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all been to doc seen the nurse she took blood to see if I have per apparently they don't give prednisone out until the blood works show you have it so fingers x it comes back with the results I have it as I can't go on much longer like this oh she offered me more drugs of amitriptlyne

• Posted

Paula, where do you live?  If your inflammation markers are not raised so "they" still won't give you the pred trial, can you get a second opinion?  As the other painkillers are not helping, could you get some alternative treatment in the meantime?  I know a lot of people on here have benefited from Bowen massage, although I haven't experienced it myself.  Anything which can help your muscles relax could give you some temporary relief until you get a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment.  Good Luck!

• Posted

I live in Bradford Anhaga she was adamant they won't give me pres trial if my bloods don't come back as inflamed but I will have to keep going back until they give me a trial see if they help Thank you Anhaga

• Posted

If they don't show inflammation and still refuse to even try the pred (and it isn't the nurse who would decide anyway) then insist on a referal to a rheumy. 1 in 5 patients with PMR don't have raised blood tests and they are not specific for PMR anyway. I found one GP refused to give pred, another recognised the symptoms immediately and was happy to try pred. 

Prof Sarah Mackie at Warfedale Hospital in Otley is outstanding. Whether it is PMR or something else - you need someone to work out what if other drugs do nothing.

• Posted

Thank you very much Eileen I've wrote down the rheumatologist name if I don't get the results I'm hoping for ill request going to see her

• Posted

Hi Eileen just been on to doc they said some blood come back normal but some has come back not normal lol I always knew I was abnormal lol. But I have to make another appointment to see a doc . Let's hope I get them tablets I need I will keep you informed and thank you very much for all your help

• Posted

Make sure the doctor explains them all - normal or not.
    • Posted

Please get copy of bloodwork to take to a new doctor who will listena to your pain and try Prednisone for just 3 days, then decide. What bothers me is that the doctor or whoever on the phone was not specific. Go there an get the copy. Don't wait weeks for an appointment. If you had GCA you could be in danger.

• Posted

Kerry - Paula is in the UK. The system is different and you can't just "go to a new doctor" unless your GP practice has several doctors.

• Posted

Hi Kerry I'm to ring the doctors in the morning to try get appointment as my bloods has come back abnormal in some but normal in others so what ever that means wish Merck that I get some prednisone Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.