I don't really know what to think.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a 24 year old male, I've been diagnosed with the HSV2 virus just over a year ago, I've had numerous outbreaks since. I absolutely hate the virus and my life since contracting it. People may say this sounds too pessimistic but I like to think of it as being more realistic, I personally believe that my sex life is over. I refuse to tell anyone about it, I've told my close mates they accept it and we have a laugh but they don't really know how it feels.

There's so much stigma around telling people that if it gets out, social life also goes down the pan. Is there anywhere people like me can go to meet and stuff without paying extortionate prices for some cheap ass dating site that probably won't work?

Just wondering, how many men with this die alone? Are there any statistics for me to look at?

Being a male and getting women to talk to you, let alone sleep with you is hard these days without the virus so I personally have accepted the fact that I may as well carry on life with no plans to settle down or be sexually active. I refuse to give it to someone without telling them like it was too me, it ruined my life and I refuse to be responsible for cursing someone else.

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Do you try any natural remedies for your ob? I think your breaking out a lot cause you think about hsv a lot and it stresses you out. I think it's normal to feel like this but we just have to figure out how we're going to get threw this cause it's ours forever until we find a cure. (Hopefully soon) think about whenever you see someone with a cold sore just know that's herpes. But we have our sores down there. Don't think about it much. The right girl will except you for who you are and what you are!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.