I don't see a difference

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!  Hope you're all happy and well.

I had my weigh in 2 day ago.  I've lost 8kg in the 2 months I've been taking Orlistat.  

Doc says I should drop a dress size after 7kg.  I can't see it...at all.

When have you all started to notice a difference?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Well done on your loss, that's fab!  Did you measure yourself prior to starting the tabs? Ie: chest, waist, hips, thighs and top of arms?

These are the areas it might have come off?

Xx

• Posted

The doc did take starting measurements and I've lost about 30cm in total.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy about the loss, but I just can't see it.  My clothes fit the same....

• Posted

It really depends on how you feel about yourself/see yourself I think. I once lost 40lbs and I didn't really see a difference. I knew there was, and was wearing different sizes of clothes then, which made me more confident but I couldn't actually see it. Then my weight crept back up and I noticed the difference in photos of me when there was just a little 5lb difference and etc. This time around I can see the weight loss happening. But I did/sort of still do have an eating disorder and that really affects how I see myself etc.

• Posted

I know you're always harder on yourself.  The numbers are going down except for my dress size.  I didn't think I was wearing tight-fitting clothes before.   Maybe taking pics would help.
  • Posted

My face is less puffy but ive lost quite a few inches off my waist/tummy. Less off my bum and legs but I will

im wearing clothes which were too tight so id say im nearly a dress size smaller (lost about 11lbs in 6wks)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.