I don't seem to see a pattern to this condition.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had GA for about 15 years now, well it was officially diagnosed about 8 years ago and before that, it was a really ugly rash that no one could put a name to, apart from ringworm.

The dots seem to gather together and make a big red mess and then they fade and move on to another area, usually on the lower legs.

I have lived in both extremely hot and extremely cold countries, but neither makes a difference.

Is it diet? an allegy? stress? something must be wrong. My parents never had this. In fact, I have never met anyone with GA apart from myself.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You are not alone. I'm male of 62 years of age & have had the spots for 3 / 4 years now. I have them mostly on the legs & arms, but some on the chest & alot around the belly button for about 100 150 total, all different sizes. 

A few months back, they were " dormant" not increasing in size or numbers, but a few weeks ago, the have statred to appear in new areas. 

There are thoughts on what causes them, but I feel, they are just that, thoughts. I met a woman whose 6 year old daughter has had the spots for 3 years, but only about 1/2 dozen of them. Never met anyone else with them, just hear from others on this site.

Good luck. Any questions, ask away

• Posted

Hi,  Sorry for the long delay in reply.  My computer has been broken.  All I can say is the GGA appears to be an auto immune reaction to "something". My rash used to move around but I've had some of the same ones now for years and they just get bigger and meaner.   It would seem that it could be one thing causing it for one person and something totally different or another.  I've cut out all gluten and am following a Low Histamine diet.  It's really hard to get going on but my rash is contining to get better and better.  Just don't give up.  Some poeple say they see results in a few weeks but I'm at 4 months and I'm just starting to see what I would call good results.  Instead of people looking at me in horror and asking what is wrong with your skin???  I've had a few people just say, wow you really got burned or injured, more of a casual comment these days.   My family does not have GGA either, but we do have people with Celiac disease...Good Luck.
    • Posted

Nice to hear your story. I did start trying gluton free but it was so hard work and I didn't see the results in the few weeks, so I gave up. I think I might try the chinese herbs.
  • Posted

I truly think that nothing will work, everyone wants to get rid of these spots, but I have lost all hope on any cure. Just going to live with them & ignore it. I do wear a medical tag stating what it is as well as my other " problems ". I was nervous as to how I was going to be treated entering other countries. Everthing has been fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.