I don't think I'll make it this time....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have struggled with Depression for 30 years but I'm sooo tired of this life, the fight to be ok which is a fight that I keep losing. My Psychiatrist recently changed my meds due to side affects but the new medication hasn't begun to work yet. I'm so sad, weepy, lonely, tired and my mind is all screwed up. My thoughts are completely scrambled. I think that these are not my thoughts but the depressions thoughts. I've been in hospital 3 times and don't believe it will help this time. I plan to get my affairs in order before I do anything. I just can't keep dealing with this kind of a life. I am on this site because for the time being it is the best part of my reality.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was in a really really bad place Saturday but reached out on this site and to my sister. I didn't realize the support and encouragement that I would receive. It really is helping. I am listening to their words instead of my crazy depressive thoughts. I am thinking that if they all think I can get better then maybe they're right (and my thoughts are wrong which aren't really my thoughts but my illness talking). I am taking things one step at a time. When I feel low I get on this site or get in my car and go be around people who care about me. It really is helping.

For anyone suffering with depression like me, then please hang in there. Use any available resources that help you feel better. Find people who care about you and trust that you do indeed matter.

💚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.