I don’t think my UTI has gone away still.

Posted , 8 users are following.

A few weeks ago I found that I had a UTI after going to after hours for the burning and pain in my side. Finished the antibiotics given and everything was fine for a week until the burning suddenly came back. So we went to the doctors who confirmed another UTI and I was given different antibiotics. It’s now a couple of days after finishing them and I can feel a really slight burning.. has it come back again?? Should I just see if it gets worse or? I’ve been drinking cranberry juice but I’m not sure if it’s been helping. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I got my first UTI in June. Nine courses of antibiotics later and a hospital stay for five days with IV I am now 3 weeks symptom free. The hospital told me there are some really nasty bugs that are difficult to shift. If you till have pain get checked out do not leave as if it goes to your kidneys the pain is indescribable. 
    • Posted

Damn I'm sorry you had to go through all that, it sounds horrible! You must be glad to have finally gotten it all sorted. Yeah I can imagine it wouldn't be a good idea to let it get worse, thanks for the reply. smile

• Posted

You might just have a stubborn case of the infection. Give it a day and drink a lot of water to help flush out your system, but if the burning comes back then definitely let your doc know because you probably just need another dose of antibiotics to help it along. Some people have to go on antibiotics several times before it goes away completely. I just had a UTI, I'm actually on my last day of the antibiotic, but usually my body gets rid of UTIs on its own on the rare occasion that I get one. I've been taking Macrobid which has worked well, so if your doc hasn't given you that type of antibiotic see if they'll prescribe it to you!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply! I haven't noticed any burning now since yesterday, but I'll make sure I go back if it continues. Makes sense, I guess I just assumed it'd go away after the first course lol. Hopefully that's the last of it for you then! And I'll remember the name and ask about it if I go back smile

• Posted

Hi

I’d take a sample in to see what’s happening. You maybe on the wrong tablets. If it hasn’t gone maybe a longer course?

• Posted

Also just for future reference make sure the cranberry juice you drink has no added sugars in it. 
  • Posted

Sounds like it came back. Did it?
    • Posted

Don't think so! My mum was thinking about taking me back to get a urine test but we haven't bothered.

• Posted

Hey guys, I have an update! So a couple of days ago I could feel the slight on and off burning again (again not bad or enough to bother me), and my mum took me to the doctor. They did a urine test and it didn't pick anything up this time (they took it to the lab though just in case), so the doctor came to the conclusion that I have thrush due to the antibiotics. So I now have cream that goes up there lol and haven't felt anymore burning. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.