I don't think sertraline is working!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on sertraline now for 3 weeks and 3 days and feel no different, I was on 50mg for the 1st week and 100mg after that. My anxiety is so severe and have panic on and off through the day. I had a good couple of hours the other morning that's it.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pamela,

Please stick with it, I barely had any good days those first 4weeks after I increased, my mood was so low and depressive, I was adamant these meds weren’t doing a thing, I was all over the place the week before it turned around, so fed up and low but once I got passed 4weeks and not a day sooner those better days became more & more...

5weeks - every day was a better day.

Keep going 🌹

• Posted

Thanks rose I'm just beyond fed up of waiting, I'm not depressed I'm just really anxious all day, I'm surprised I haven't got depressed actually feeling this way for months!(I do suffer from depression now and then) Hoping sertraline will work soon, trying to speed my recovery by eating oily fish and veg and fruit and nuts, having cod liver oil and vitimin d and going for walks and jogs and drinking plenty of water and green tea (which I hate lol) Thanks Rose, I just can't remember what it's like to be me !

• Posted

Hi Pamela, i feel exactly the same. Day 30 of sertraline at 25mg. I tried to up to 50mg just over a week ago but after 6 days couldn’t tolerate the side effects and had a couple of days off work so had to go back to 25mg. Hope this dose will do something. Went back to work today but really struggled, the anxiety is making me nauseous and i can hardly eat and therefore feel weak. I try to eat lots of little snacks otherwise I feel even more nauseous. I’m so fed up and struggling to make it through the days at work plus i’m in a new job so out of my comfort zone. I’m hoping someone has seen improvements on 25mg? Want to try up to 50mg over the Christmas break when I have time off work. 
  • Posted

I was prescribed Sertraline originally for my anxiety and negative racing thoughts (never suffered with depression) but my side effects caused me to become low and depressed but they didn’t effect my anxiety which I was glad about - don’t get me wrong my anxiety was high and persistant in the background those first few weeks, but remained at a level I was used to... I think you just swing one way or another with these meds & side effects?? And after so many bad days in a row I can completely relate to how frustrating and disheartening it becomes, its a hard slog. Your doing everything right, its just a waiting game... but you are getting there 🌹

• Posted

Hi, when I first started taking them it took 4-6 weeks before I felt better. They take a while to get in your system. Good luck and keep preserving
  • Posted

That’s awesome that you had a good couple of hours at only 2 weeks on the increased dose!  Many people don’t really start to see any change until the are 4 weeks on the increased dose.  It takes time,  and it’s hell on earth having to wait.  But it is so worth the wait.  Try and hang in there. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.