I don't understand!?! Am I truly positive?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So about a week ago, I tested positive for HSV-1. I have had no symptoms, I just wanted to get tested to make sure I was clean, but I came back positive for HSV-1 (I'm guessing oral because the nurse said I could use a cream on my cold sores) but I don't understand this because I tested negative for everything back in Nov. 2016.. and have only been with one person and he's come back negative. How can this be? Am I truly positive without having any symptoms or outbreaks? Should I test myself again just to make sure it wasn't a false positive? And is there any way the positive test could be wrong considering I have no symptoms or outbreaks?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey just got your message I get cold sores to hsv1 see the thing is that some people don't understand is that you can have the virus and not even know it and never show symptoms and pass it on from kissing you don't have to have a cold sore to pass it it's extremely common no need to worry you have to be honest tho before you kiss because two weeks later that person could have a outbreak or they may not depends on their immune system or if they already have the virus. My friends test positive for HSV-1 and they didn't have symptoms o most everyone gets this be for age 20 o most everyone has this some deny it it's a kissing virus so yes you have it all it takes is one kiss from someone and the reason why you didn't show symptoms is because you have a strong immune system

• Posted

But I don't understand how I had come back negative before and when I got a with my partner but 8-9 months into our relationship I have HSV-1 and he doesnt.. now I KNOW I've only been with him. So, I don't understand where I could have gotten it from.. is there anyway it can be a false negative.. I'm at a loss here.. I mean I'm almost 7 months pregnant.... I don't want to pass this on to my child..

• Posted

Couple reasons you Coulda ate all of someone that had it when your friends family members or drunking off someone that's how it's so easy to pick up and he. Can have it too it just hasn't showing up in his immune system yet that's why It's showing negative for him this virus is part of life you would have picked it up in high school or when you were little like I said before 20 is usually the time we get it as for the baby I would look up what to do and not to do when you have a cold sore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.