I don't want a Label! I want a Diagnosis

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hi, I have had some major personal stress over the last Year and a half. And then started getting the following Symptoms - Stiffness, Fatigue, mild headaches and Jaw ache, IBS, anxiety, Widespread pain all over my body (Neck, Arms, shoulders, elbows, back, hips, Kness and so on) The way i discribe my pain is - imagine you are at the Gym, and pick up some weights that are way to heavy, and then Hold them out either side of you, that burning sensation and the ache! That's how i feel everyday. I have been to Physio, I have been to Pain Management sessions and also Accupunture. I was put on Codine, then Co-dydromal, then Nortriptyline as none of these worked i have now been put on 20mg Citalopram. I have had blood test's for Full blood count, Anti-Nuclear Antibodies, Creatine Kinase, C Reactive Protine, Rheumatoid Factor, Thyroid Function and Vitamin D along with many others. All Came back Satisfactory! Last Night i spoke to my doctor and due to the fact that i am fed up and want to get on with my life i had a stern word and asked What Next, I've done all of the above and still havent had a Diagnosis, the doector asked me what i want her to do, Last time we spoke she mentioned a refferal to Rheumatology, so i asked about that, she then proceeded to ask me what i want to get out of the refferal.... I advised her that i want offically know what is wrong with me, it's no good telling my husband or my Boss that the doctors "Think" i have Fibromyalgia. and if she wasn't the person to give me a Diagnosis then i want to see sombody that can..... She has no agreed to referr me, so hopefully i will get a official Diagnosis not just a Label... Anybody else find they lack support from there GP for Cronic Pain/Fibro/Fatigue???

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes you deffo got it Hunny I was same as that still am, I was going gym everyday so I thout it was that, but I had it for about 3 years didn't even relize Untill I couldn't besr it any longer mine was fetched on by family trauma daughter went live with dad broke my heart xxx
  • Posted

Defo sounds like fibromyalgia to me! I'm no expert but have had symptoms which have gradually got worse from being 19 (I'm now 36). The way you describe your muscles is EXACTLY how mine feel-if I walk up a flight of stairs (when I can) or have been doing any sort of activity for a few mins my muscles start to burn-like lactic acid build up if ud been to the gym.

But where in 'normal' people it quickly wears off, mine lasts for hours, some times longer and is excruciatingly painful.

It makes me sweat and eventually feel nauseous.

Keep on at your doctor-I know it's hard going-my diagnosis took about 13 years,but eventually you'll get there-you sound like a determined person.

Good luck on looking up the fibromyalgia ,I hope you get a diagnosis soon, best wishes xx

• Posted

Hi there. I haven't looked through all the replies, but you might want to investigate 'systemic mycotic (fungal) infection' maybe candida or similar. My experience of GPs reveals that they don't test for this condition or understand it either, which is a bit strange, being as there are only three types of infection (viral,bacterial and fungal) and to ignore one seems a bit careless. Anyway, Please excuse my bitterness. You might have better luck with a non GP doctor.  I had to go the self help route and had great success through educated experimentation with some powerfull antifungal drugs, which was terribly unpleasant and quite dangerous, which seemed to clear my body of the infection that was causing many problems and indescribable and torturous pain in my muscles. I wouldn't advise doing what I did though, find a doctor who will carry out the tests in order to get a complete diagnosis.

In the mean time, try cutting out any foods that execerbate the possible issue, like sugar, bread and any fermented products. This might give you some clues. I found 'wild oregano oil'  and coconut oil helpfull when applied to the skin. Though not together and starting with small amounts to guage the effect. 

Hope this helps.

• Posted

from earlier post. Be super cautious if you do try coconut oil  or Wild oregano oil. The affect when applying to the skin can be more far more powerfull than consuming the oils. Maybe best to speak to someone first. 
    • Posted

I use coconut oil for everything, cooking, making my own toothpaste, eating a tsp almost every day...I buy organic virgin cold pressued and LOVE coconut.   I don't deal with candida and did STOP bringing breads into my house over 3 yrs ago.....Eat a little here and there and really control sugar intake.....
  • Posted

Thank you all so much for your time and effort, all of your comments, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated xx 
  • Posted

Just an update -  I have received my Referral letter today, appointment date is 13th December.
  • Posted

Hi there,

i can totally relate to your post & how frustrating it can be. Im 44 & recently got diagnosed with osteoarthritis & fibromyalgia  after 10 years of symptoms. I also have PTSD.All my symptoms started 18 months after having my kidney removed & traumatic few years. I've been completely housebound now for the last few weeks due to the excruciating muscle spasms & muscle weakness along with constant aching & stabbing pains in shoulders neck,  upper arms, fingers, lower back, hips, knees . I'm seriously starting to think about getting a wheelchair now, because everytime I try to take a short walk it seems to make me worse. I lose my balance really easily lately too. With a electrics wheelchair I couldc at least get to the local shop for supplies without having to on relying on friends all the time. Is anyone else finding  walking a problem & use a wheelchair?? I would do anything to get my independence back, I really would!!  I'm on 30mg amytriptiline at night and have not  found they have made any difference to my pain & the pain still wakes me a few times a night & then can't sleep past 7am everyday. Then I'm falling asleep again all during the day.  Is anybody else having the same problems???

• Posted

Hi, I am have been on 75mg amyttriptiline for almost a year and then been told to double my dose as I am still struggling at night.....I have gone up to 100mg and trying that for a couple of weeks before I go any higher.

It really is one of them conditions that you struggle to understand and accept. They wanted me to see a psycologist who I did see once but I am still after a fix to the original injury that set this past 16 months.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.