I don't want to age prematurely!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I m 42 years old and peri! I don't want to see myself aging...I feel so sad, I'm desperate and feel my life is over. I'm on hrt and feel better but very afraid of breast cancer risks. I want to be healthy, happy and young again!

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Vicky, your so young darling to be having those thoughts, I did try HRT but I stop it after few weeks to scared for it..I'm 55 years old I'm a lot older then you, your life is not over yet just going through the transition like all of us.. Hope you feel better on it.

• Posted

Ow bless you Vicky.. I feel for you, as your so young as wel, life should start to begin now for you..

I’m 53 and been going through this 4 yrs now, and like you I so wish I could have my life back again, I think 53 is bad enough to think my happy days have gone, never mind you, at your age..

I can’t take HRT, but your mind still plays these stupid games with us, thinking some thing bad is going of in our body’s and it does make you sad, so I understand how you are feeling, I was just saying to Maria why could not the menopause wait untill we at least in our 70 so we can carry on with our lives being happy, at least till then, I really hope you do come through this and life will start good again for you big hug 🤗xx

• Posted

Thank you for reply! I'm really sad to cope with meno and try to continue my life...thanks again!!!

• Edited

I completely understand Vicky. I had a full hysterectomy at 42 and have had on going daily mental and physical challenges since then, I'm now 47. Aging prematurely was one of the things that made me very sad, as I was people always thought I looked 10-15 years younger than I was. Those compliments slowly faded. I have since learnt about many natural things you can do for your body (inside & out) to help slow down the aging process and doing these things relentlessly has helped me feel better about myself. I hope you find your way of coping and managing and have support around you. There is loads of great advice nd support from ladies on here. Good luck through it all. X

• Posted

Hi Liz, the stress from the menopause would age anybody with how the symptoms effect us, but I think we need to stay positive and it might just help our bodies to recover..I try to eat my veggies and some fruit and flaxseed in my breakfast that's all I can do and pray one day I will get up and it's all over, I know I'm not as young as I was and I'm getting on but just to feel myself again and laugh is a wonderful bonus for me and others.. Don't worry about how you look you are as beautiful as you are from the inside and that matters just as much as the outside keep smiling.

• Posted

Hi! Sorry you to have a hysterectomy so young! Are you ok now? Are you on hrt? I feel such an emotional pain lately because of meno...I feel so young inside and I cannot cope with all these symptoms. thank you so much for your advices! 😘

• Edited

My friend and I met for coffee yesterday and this is on her mind as well..  She is 55 and still getting periods.  She wants to do plastic surgery which I think is not a good thing to do.  She doesn't eat well or sleep too much so I encouraged her to focus more on herself..  drinking water will help keep skin looking hydrated and also help your joints. Make sure you are sleeping-- so important for skin and body. And read about healthy food--If you can eat fish at least once a week.  Blueberries, sweet potatoes, spinach are all good for the skin.  I have an inversion table that I bought for my back BUT people use it for aging as well--  being upside (yoga poses) is great for you.  My friend also admitted that she is lazy about washing her face and applying moisturizer  which is step 1 of having good skin.--  I couldn't get over that..   Today I took a 3 hour nap on a beautiful sunny day and my spouse and kids kept asking me what is wrong and why I was napping.  Yes I could've felt bad about it but I didn't!!   My body needed the extra rest and they don't so I just ignore their comments.  So yes I believe there are ways to help one feel younger..  Step one is just being good to yourself!!    

• Posted

Thank you Kelly! I'm so sad, menopause is too frightening for me. I'm afraid of premature aging, I m isolated and afraid that when others see me, they ll understand that something happens to me! I feel old before my time and try to cope emotionally but I cannot! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.