I don't want to live like this anymore.

Posted , 6 users are following.

So about 4 months ago I had an energy drink for the first time in years and my heart was racing like I've never felt before. I felt like that was gonna be it for me. Anyways for about a weeks I was having some serious chest pain and I was really starting to freak out and I was extremly dizzy so I went and saw a cardiologist as well as a neurologist! I had an echo and ekg and a 24 holter monitor I even had a stress test.. they all came back okay just my heart rate seems to be running a little high about in th 80's and my doc is not concerened with that for some reason. So I also had a MRI of the brain. Everything was good but a very small bit of white matter and my doctor told me people who have horrible migraines get that and its okay. So about three months ago I started to take prilosec because my cardiologist told me I had GERD and it really helped I felt great. The dizziness finally went away after about another months so two months in. I stopped the prilosec because I thouhgt I was okay and sure enough all my heart and chest pain returned. I started it again and I started to feel a little better not great though. I have been to the ER so many times in between all of this probably `15 times no joke.. sad it's crazy. They say my heart is fine and that it's anxiety.. All my ekg's are fine except for occasionally it'll say tach.. because of my fast heart rate. My blood pressure has also been pretty. Anyways these last three weeks have been the worst ever.. I have been to the ER about 5 more times and nothing. I feel like there's something blocking my lung on my left side and there is pain in my chest.. I was feeling a little better but now it's the worst ever. My bf's bestfriend that I've know for 7 years passed away of a over dose and I don't know if that is what has made things worse for me idk.. I keep feeling like my heart is gonna stop like I'm gonna die in my sleep. So I haven't been sleeping at all and that's really effecting me.. Palps have been pretty often too.. I feel like my pulse is weak too... saw my cardiologist today and I got  another Holter 48 hours he doesnt think I need it but I guess I convinced him. I feel like they missed something and my end is near if they can't figure it out.. I don't belive this is anxiety. Wish I could get an Coronary Angiography. Don't thinkI would be able too. I'm 23 by the way 5'1 136 pounds. I could lose weight I know. I'm on xanax .25mg it helps most of the time but it doesn't really take away how I feel.. tried zoloft had a bad reaction and they want me to try beta blockers i'm scared of those because I feel like my pulse is weak. I need help I can't sleep anymore and this is just to much. I even went to the ER this morning becuase I woke up and couldn't breath well my pulse felt weak and they said I was just freaking out.. sad 

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Ive been going through the same i feel what you are going through i get chest stabbing also i get my left hand numb infeel numbness in my head my ears get super red and hot its just a horrible feeling im also 23 i just too smoke alot of weed but i stopped cause i had a horrible trip.thats when it all started but ive done echocardiogram ekgs mri for blood clog and everything comes back perfect
  • Posted

Let the doctors figure this out for you. They need to get the right meds to work on your anxiety. I hope you are in therapy. As horrible as this all is it will calm down. 
    • Posted

Considering you noted migranes too i have a thought relating to your diet. Maybe a low sugar diet and clean as possible. Maybe you have inflammation, maybe we all do. Def. a b complex suppliment.  And krill oil or eat salmon a lot.The brain and research foundation has interesting updates and info in general. id say take tumeric too but i cant tell if it is a new trend fad thing or real yet. And in many oarts if the world it is used a lot and they get anxiety disorders too so i dont know. The doctors hooefully will figure meds for you. I have tinnitus going on as i tyoe this and all this anxiety stuff is so very frustrating. There are various places called..Amen clinics throught the us that believe in the spect scans as determining the issues in the brain and treat accordingly but its controversial/uses nuclear dye  as to its validity. You can google spect scans for mental illness if you want to learn about that. I dont know whats true sometimes. They use soects/oet scans for brain damage and cancers. It lights uo how the brain works and activity but i feel if was so true it would have taken off by now its been around five or six years for the usage with spect scans for mental illness. They could probably use it for migranes, tinnitus and everything but they wouldnt know how it matters or what to do with the knowledge. Except to note abnormality and obviously there is one. Maybe thats why this stuff goes in cycles to begin with maybe infkammation or diet effects it. I dont know. Thought i would just share that with you.
  • Posted

OMG your so like me.... Always feel like pulse it's to fast or too slow.... And just can't trust the Drs when they say it's anxiety
    • Posted

I know and I want more then anything to trust what the doctor is saying but its so hard when you feel crazy or your heart is racing for no reason or it feels really weak.. It's nice to know i'm not alone. I'm just so sick of feeling this way though. sad 
  • Posted

sorry you feel so upset courtney, try and listen to the experts advice and hang in there.  So also it might not be a good idea to convince Drs into things that may be good or bad for you. You need to be honest with them and not try to manipulate even though you said you had an enlarged heart but the ER said it was anxiety.  I don't know what to believe now because there are conflicting views.  I sincerely hope you sort this out sensibly and feel better soon.  But don't do anything stupid pls.
    • Posted

Yes that one ekg reading read that but I had talked to my primary care and my cardiologist and I have had 3 ekg's sense that have been normal. They also said that sense I had an echo 4 months ago and it was fine that nothing like that could have changed it such a short time. They said it could be the fact I have larger breast(TMI sorry) and how the leds were placed. I'm just trying to get better and  make sure everything is truely okay with me sad
  • Posted

I can so relate to you cortney sad 4 months ago i had a panic atack though at that time i though i was having a heart atack and ever since i've been having pain in my chest/arm/neck/jaw. I am a techy guy so i am used to google all problems and look for solution but this time that was my biggest mistake .. For 4 months i have been reading all kinds of symptoms and medical conditions most of which potentially fatal and most of the times i though i am having a heart atack or stroke or even afraid my heart will stop when i go to bed (cardiac arrest) been to A&E at least 15-20 times only to be told i have anxiety but my mind cannot accept that and still looking for a real reason. Had tons of ECG including holtier monitor for 24h + 3 chest x-rays and tons of blood tests including some specificaly ordered by my GP and also Echo on the heart and CAT scan on my head and all of this came out fine (better yet it turns out my vitals are more then good! ) signed up for therapy but waiting time is months and this is already destroying most of my life so not really sure what to do anymore .... my relationship is suffering big time my job is having issues and i dont dare to do any cycling which is the only sport i actually do because my heart would start racing and i do have the habit of checking it  with my phone alongside with oxygen levels and blood pressure every 30 min or so .... Whatever you do do not i repat do not GOOGLE symptoms please and do not check your heart rate ... that got me into my worst nightmare at this point .... 
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your story. I have done the exact same thing is you.. I even check my heart rate like 20 times a day.. its driving me crazy. I just wanna feel normal again. It is also effecting my relationship as well as work sad It has such a grip over my life.. It's weird becuase if it is anxiety it's making me feel like I might die which is not helping me at all, it's preventing me from living my life. 
  • Posted

Reading this feels like reading something I wrote. I've had multiple tests done and an echo. Blood tests as well. I've gone to the ER like 6 times and I would go even more if I dont control myself. It's affecting my job and my social life. Hopefully this all passes through as everything else in life. I guess all we have is to believe our doctors because they know best although we feel we are not okay. I just think about what I'm gonna accomplish by worrying so much. Probably nothing. But everything is going to be okay in the long wrong. As you can see by the replies you aren't the only one suffering from this. It'll be okay. Your header kind of worries me because when someone says I don't want to live anymore it's not okay. Youre strong enough to beat this. You got this!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.