I dont know how to feel.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I finally saw the neurosurgeon last week and wants me to get a CT scan of my neck to get a better look. Ive had a fusion  c4-c7. My xrays and MRI do show nerve damage on left side of neck, which he thinks is the cause of my tremors and overall limb problems. I was finally validated that i do have CM. Its 5mm and my flow study came back normal. I guess my question is this. I have medicare and medicaid insurance. Is there a criteria that they follow to show that this surgery is in fact needed?

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Dear Tufayo,

    I am really pleased you finally being diagnosed, you need to get your neurologist to refer to neurosurgeon and ask them to have surgery..explain how do you feel, here on ask them to sign if they refuse to operate you-let them responsible for your health -by asking them to sign, I am sure they will act ...ask them if you can to go to Mayo Clinic they specialist in CM--- let us know.. GoodLuck

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hello. I finaĺy saw the surgeon and i had to have a CT scan of my neck. Ive spent days trying to pin him down with the results. Got them today and its normal. I have 2 MRI that show my neck and brain are not normal. I called Rochester hospital and talked to a nurse. Explained my symptoms and how im being disgarded by the other surgeon. Nurse said she would run it by him after he gets out of surgery. No one hears what im saying to them. I give up. I read these posts and we are all living the same life. Does anyone know a qualified surgeon in upstate new york. All the ones in syracuse are all related
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Oh please...see..do not give up dear..it is very important you are really taking care of this..you don't want to damaged your nerve..to leave it too long, plus you deserve a better quality of life, can you not contact your major in your local area, I know that Mayo Clinic and CLeveland are good at Chiari..so keep on at them, write to your hospital..at least you have got something in writing.and I am sure you can contact lawyer (probono- means no fee but if you wing..then they ll get some of your payment) just write to your doctor, copy to lawyer and major..to see how its goes, but do not stop...

    Filing Complaints Against Health Care Professionals

    When to File a Complaint/What to Expect

    The state of Tennessee is graced with some of the finest health care professionals, educational institutions, postgraduate programs and treatment facilities in the United States. The majority of health practitioners in Tennessee are competent and caring individuals and most persons are satisfied with the level of care they receive.

    However, when a problem is experienced with a practitioner, you have the right to report him/her. If you believe that a practitioner’s performance or behavior is not acceptable, you may file a complaint through Health Related Boards, Office of Investigations.File a complaint against a healthcare provider: 800-852-2187

     Click here to download a complaint form (PH-3466)

    Customer Service SurveyIssues Not Within Board Authority

    Fees and/or billing disputes (amounts charged for services, overcharges, etc)

    Contact Consumer Affairs at 1-800-342-8385

    They are in Tenesse, but ask them if they can guide you where should you complaint from your area????

    Yes, Medica Care is the insurance for it..

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up