I Dont know if my bad smell is real or not

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi i am a teen male that still goes to school and since i started middle school i have been having a smelling problem.At first i didn't take it seriously even thought my friend that was sitting right next to me would complain about a smell and would ask me if had farted and i would deny it even though i did want to fart when in class but really didn't let my farts out.1-2 years later the problem only got worse i would really want to fart in class and by holding it in my stomach would make loud noises.That was embarassing but after sometime it started to smell and my friends would ask me if i farted.i would always deny it because i thought it wasnt me.it would also smell when i really had light meals in the night and i didnt have any problem with wanting to fart in class but it still smelled.now 1 year later it smells whenever i am in class,out for some coffee and for walks it has really ruined my life i am a very clean person but something still smells.it happens when i am around people only.and i often get weird looks and i think people talk about me.i have heard complaints about smell but i am not doing anything to cause the smell it is just there.Pls help me

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You're 100% fine, don't even worry about it. It's a normal thing to fart, even if you don't think you did--- a little air might slip out, its completely normal. Your anxiety about kids talking about you or somebody smelling something when you're around might actually be making you more gassy. When I get nervous or anxious, I know it connects right down to my stomach too. However, I get how embarassing and frustrating this might be, so if you're really worried about it, you should talk to your parents and see if they can get you to see a doctor. They might give you a healthy diet that would help ease your stomach, or prescribe you some anti-gas medications. Either way, you should talk about it to somebody you trust. Good luck!

• Posted

Thanks for your response but the weird smell even occurs when i am really not gassy at all i thought it was Oral refference syndrome but i doubt it since i have seen a lot of people talking and avoiding me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.