I dont know if this is anxiety and im really scared, please reassure me if how i feel is normal.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, so im 14 and very recently theres been a family trauma. My brothers girlfriend was 19 and she had an asthma attack in our home and passed away. It was horrible and what happened to her has had a massive impact on me and my family. It started off with feeling like i couldnt breathe properly, this would happen every day on and off but when i was occupied i would forget about it. It's gradually got worse. I've been to the doctors and she said its all just anxiety and that my heart and lungs sound perfect and that they're fine. But i did have an ear infection- however thats cleared now and every day i feel like i can't breathe. i have to stop what im doing and focus on my breathing even though i am breathing fine i just feel like i cant breathe properly and that im not getting enough oxygen. I've been experiencing an extremely tight chest which hurts when i press down on a certain point and its really scaring me. My heart is also beating fast ALL the time and i've been getting quick pains underneath both of my armpits. The thing is though, when the breathing thing comes on sometimes really sudden i dont feel anxious until i feel like i can't breathe right- the chest, armpit pains and my heart beating fast are also scaring me and so is the fact that this happens EVERY single day and is starting to affect my daily life. Ive had a few panic attacks also which have just made me feel even worse and it takes me a day to feel a little bit better. i'm just scared, ive googled it and its saying stuff like heart failure and other major life threatening things. i feel anxious about how im feeling. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have also been struggling to stay asleep. I go to sleep and fall asleep fine but i wake up and get broken sleep which makes me feel really tired the next day which probably worsens how i feel. Please let me know what you think to everything. Im seriously scared and i dont know if i should go back again but my mum and dad think its pointless and i dont think they seem to understand how im feeling. it's so hard sad 
    • Posted

Hi Ella my anxiety started the same way my cousin had a heat attack infront on me I gave him CPR and doctor said I get chest pains because of what I seen I now think every twinge is a heart issue it is normal to feel that way after something as horrible as you and your family went through everyone's body reacts in different ways to stress but it's good you have had it checked out when I get worked up I just say to my self it's my anxiety and try to switch off and go do something else to take my mind off it I know it's hard because anxiety symptoms can be very scary belive me I had every symptom in the book it's horrible try some of the meditation videos on YouTube they help me to calm down you will be given lots of good advice on here people on here have helped me a lot hope u feel better soon
    • Posted

Thankyou so much, its good to be reassured knowing that im not the only one. I agree, anxiety is terrifying with the stuff that can happen to you and i constantly worry that the same thing will happen to me even though i dont have asthma. I will deffinitely try some meditation techniques smile 
    • Posted

You need to talk to someone you trust, as much as possible maybe a teacher someone not involved with the situation, the more you talk and get things out of your system it will lift the weight your carrying. And dont stop talking untill you are finish and got everything of your mind every day if you need to. And yes breathing techniques and meditation as well as talk. Stay away from google for any health advice, and only use sites like this, Great people with great advice take care
    • Posted

Thankyou, i have a one to one support session with my tutor (my teacher that registers me) and we sit down and talk about how ive been feeling, its been helping quite a bit but i still feel all of this, do you think it is definitely anxiety?
  • Posted

I also ment to say what nick has said try not to google things it makes it worse also totally agree talk about it as I didn't do this and years later I find it very difficult and this is y my anxiety is the way it is now I don't no how it works at your school we had guidence teachers you should approach them and tell them about it they will help you by talking or put you in touch with someone who can help if your not confident in doing so just write a little note and give it to a teacher after class they will pass it on and approach you good luck
    • Posted

Thankyou, yes i always google stuff and its coming up with heart failure and heart disease etc. which is why i came on here to see what people thought about my symptoms do you definitely think this is mainly anxiety related? I really hope it starts to improve soon if it is because it's driving me crazy! 

Take care smile 

• Posted

100 % anxiety, talking will work wonders, but also focus on something you enjoy sport, cooking, walking the dog, and eat well, from my experience cycling is great and swimming
    • Posted

Thankyou! Yes my dad does alot of swimming so i might try something like that or running and walking the dog because aparently excercise helps to ease anxiety! Thanks again, you've been alot of help!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.