I dont know what is wrong with me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ok so it started on november 17th 2017 and i started getting a slight buldge pain on my left side (spleen, lung area) everytime i cough or laughed. It went like this for a few days but got progressively worse.

Long story short, november 30th i was sent to the hospital because i couldnt breathe. They said they found something which is probably a chest infection so they gave me antibiotics and said to come back in a week. Came back and the symptoms were worse than ever. They said i'd have to wait cuz chest infections take some time to cool down. Towards the end of september i got sick again (with a flu) (i had one a few days before nov 30th) and i found it odd because im usually never sick, last time i can recall was about a year ago. But then towards january it went down and there were no symptoms again. But then they came back. Last week i had diahrrhoeia for a few days (new symptom) and i had it again a few days ago. But this time its worse the last weeks. I went 20 times one day, 33 yesterday. I havent eaten anything out of the normal. To break it down, during these 3 months ive had:

4 lymphnodes

-under my jaw (twice)

-Behind my ear

-on my neck

My symptoms:

-3 times nearly fainted

-heart burn

-dizziness

-breathlessness

-ache

-nightsweats

-diahrrhoeia

-irregular period

-3-4kg unintended weightloss in the matter if 3-5 days

-high heart rates (130-170)

-shaking

-vomiting

-weakness/tired

Things to keep in mind:

Ive done:

Pee test

Poo test

Ultra sound

Xray

Blood test

Im going to do:

Cmr

Im 5'2, female, 14 years old.

Thank you.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

First off.. relax. You're 14, now I will be asking some questions that normally I would want a parent present for. But let's start with the basics.

Do you use any drugs?

Do you smoke?

Have you ever been pregnant?

Have you ever been diagnosed with diabetes?

Are you going through or have been through puberty?

The reactions you describe sound like immune responses. Swollen lymph nodes are a sign of the immune system at work, if it's swollen it's working hard. Vomiting and diarrhoea come into play when the body needs to release a toxin or get rid of something. Both reduce hydration, and both make you not want to eat or drink. This would easily explain the weight loss. High heart rate and shaking are usually suspects of one thing.. caffeine. Do you drink energy drinks or coffee? At the age of 14 you're not exactly on the high risk side of things. My opinion is to take a few days for yourself, rest up and drink plenty of water. Use paracetamol to reduce the body temperature and tackle any pain (if any) another thing... because you mentioned irregular period I would recommend going onto a form of contraception, help get the hormones under control too then.

Another thing to look into is allergy tests, allergic reactions can also cause all the above... like literally all of them.

So let me know.

• Posted

To answer most, no. Puberty, yh ive been through it and i only drink coffee once every 2-3 months or so. Thank you for replying

• Posted

Okay, go for the allergy tests. Hopefully this sheds light on the situation. Also I would definitely suggest going onto some contraception to control the hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.