I dont know what to do anymore....feel scared, unwell and like I am dying

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have felt so unwell for a long time and its a daily thing with the odd day I make feel ok but never normal. The past few weeks I have felt worse than ever after a miscarriage 2 months ago I just have not felt right. I suffer with constant dizziness/light headedness for like 2 years also but lately I have been getting skipped heartbeat sensations or an extra beat I am not sure anyway today I have had a couple and its sent me into panic mode I feel uneasy inside and I feel scared because I feel on the verge of a bad panic attack I feel weak also. I have had tests by cardiology last year and all was normal but due to see them again next month. I do have low iron which I started taking iron last week for and also on going mild bleedin for 7 weeks believed to be an irregular bleed from the miscarriage the gynaecologist said. I have been having shooting pains on occasion up my sides and back and dull ache. What if theres something wrong and they have missed it? I did go to a&e 2 weeks ago for a fast pulse and skipped heart beats and ecg came back fast but fine. I have been crying not to long ago because I am that scared how can someone feel this terrible every day surely theres a physical cause? I dont know who to turn to anymore no doctor takes me seriously they say anxiety and send me on my way like its nothing but its not nothing when my life daily is a constant battle with feelin unwell. I dont want to keep running to a doctor or a&e if it is just anxiety but how can I be sure. I have even had muscle twitches and leg cramp lately its all just getting to much for me I feel so concerned. What do I do?x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Moo 

i am sorry you are going through a a bad time, I know what you mean when it comes to doctors, they always want to chock things up to stress, I am having memory issues and all they can say is that it is stress related, I hope you can find some kind of peace on here. We are all here to help support one another on here. I knew w what it feels like to be isolated and feel like there is no hope, just remember you are not alone. I am saying a prayer for you.

• Posted

Aww thanks Tim thats very nice of you. Currently sat in my daughters bedroom in the dark trying to keep calm I feel dizzy and pulse is slightly fast and I feel weak upon standing with the odd skipped heart beat feeling not to mention my lower back is aching and up my sides. I just want to feel normal I really do not know what medical support to get from here on because I can not go on like this. I could handle if I was anxious from time to time for a reason thats normal like feeling nervous but to suffer with this daily and feel unwell I can not take it. I am scared because I know this is it Im going to contine to feel like this.
  • Posted

I had horrible anxiety which was constant for about a month and then finally for the past couple of days it has subsided, I am on Lexapro 20mg, although I have been on Lexapro for about 10 years, I was only on 10 mg and it quit working and then I fell into a major depression with horrible anxiety. I could not sleep and did not want to eat. The Leaxapro is starting to work, are you taking any antidepressants?
    • Posted

I believe I have hightlighted that love heart on here by mistake but I am not sure what it is for sorry. What anxiety symptoms do you have? And no I am not on any medication I did try but had bad side affects on Sertraline so came off it and Fluoxetine I lasted 11 days which was fine I didn't feel any different but I came off it because I got scared of making my tinnitus worse because I have it where it doesn't affect me now only when pregnant previously. So did you take Lexapro initially for anxiety 10 years ago? It makes me wonder if I should be trying a low dose of something because I can not go on like this and my heart racing because of it. I just dont know whats best ie anti depressant or a beta blocker.
  • Posted

Hi,you have been theough a very tramatic event with the miscarriage I would think it would be normal to have anxiety.Hang in there and realize youve been through a tremendous amount of stress.Stay strong.im sure it will get better.
  • Posted

I ended up in a&e last night with a fast pulse and constant palpitations like actual skipped beats/flutters it was horible. They kept me in for 4 hours and done various tests ie bloods which tested for 20 different things such as iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, liver, kidneys, thyroid and blood clots on the lungs to name a few. I ask had a few ecgs, chest x ray and urine samples and temperature which all were normal except temp was up and down. They wasn'y concerned about the fast pulse but the irregular rhythm so they gave me propranalol which stopped it and lowered pulse then they sent me home. The doctor listed many causes of the palpitations with heart problems being at the bottom of the list. He said firstly its usually life style triggers and stress and secondly low counts of something in your body or hormones etc. He said when you get palps you tend to worry naturally which just makes them worse. Today I feel hung over with the odd palpitation. I am glad all the checks were normal I just wish I had a proper diagnosis as to why I went like that. Its horrible having this uneasy chest knowing now I cant just run to the hospital because they said at the moment they have covered all the tests they could in a&e to rule out anything serious. Due to see cardiology next month though for a second time but I doubt the tests will show anything as all were normal last year.
  • Posted

hi moo

​sounds like you have been given an almost all clear, i would be happy not sad, keep on the proranol they come highly recommended, the hospital have basically squashed any of your concerns that you have a major desease or similiar, use it to think positive, your going to be fine , take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.