I dont think my meds are working anymore

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 20mg of citalopram for 11 weeks now, and i honestly did feel better in the middle of it. But now i just feel like i did before the meds but more apathetic and less labido. I'm not sure what to do because tbh i feel like i should stop taking them if im just gonna feel the same.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety will make you think like that.

You need to see your GP about upping the dose.

These meds work but recovery is very slow, they DO NOT stop working.

Your GP will tell you what's best.

Do not stop taking them, this is something else that takes time.

• Posted

Hi Serena, similar to you I have been on 20 mg for 12 weeks + 1 week starting on 10 mg. Some days I feel okay (but never great) other times feel pretty bad. I hope that given more time things will improve. I never expected it would take this long. Exhausting! Keep in touch maybe we can help each other thru this.

Thx Shane

• Posted

Hey people

Weird how these things work, it's taking ages . But I wonder if it takes longer if you didn't take the meds as soon as the anxiety or depression started.

I'm on about three and a half months as well. I'm sure we will all get there in the end.

Good luck everyone

• Posted

hi if u are not experiencing too troublesome side effects on 20mg you could consider increasing to 30mg.  speak to your doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.