I Dont want to leave the house

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm in my third A-fib attack right now when it first hit does anyone have panic? it's absolutely terrifying to me and here are some of my symptoms my heart starts to race for a little while it feels a lot of fluttering in my chest and my throat and after I calm down and take some medicine my heart just keeps fluttering like an irregular heartbeat I had to get zapped to put it in Rhythm last time I think I could feel it coming on what do you do before an attack if you know what's its coming on if you could please put what you feel when it start and if you feel panic and do I just lay around the house or do I do activities thanks for your input

1 like, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey Derrick, I was just in afib for a minute 99bpm and went back to normal a minute later and it goes back and fourth for about 10 minutes and back to normal rhythm. Just take a deep breath, relax, and continue your day doing whatever you can to keep busy. If you pay to much attention it will get worse. It sucks that we have to go through this but we are the lucky ones I guess lol. I went 7 months without afib and since April of this year I have gotten atrial flutters 3 times a week and sometimes once a day every day. Afib has a mind of its own and comes and goes has it please. Just hang in there and find the right mix of meds to fight this beautiful thing called afib. Take care. 
    • Posted

Thanks for you reply Im trying to stay calm Im still in it hope after I fall asleep it goes back . Its just such a bad feeling I have a doctor appt Thursday morning You can bet Im asking a ton of questions Thanks for your Advice It really does help smile
    • Posted

I completely understand about the feeling that afib brings. It’s absolutely horrifying.l and most people don’t understand because they have no idea how we feel. I’m seeing an electrophysiologist in 2 weeks.  I’m 39 years old and I first got struck with these irregular beats at age 36. It took me a while to be where I’m at today. First, I went through depression, anxiety, and depression again but now I’m good because I understand what afib, atrial flutter, pvcs, skipped beats and so on. So many terms it’s crazy. Keep me informed and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. What meds are you taking? How old are you and how often do you get the afib? I also excercise 6 days a week in the form of mountain biking and it helps a lot. Let me know. Take care. 
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply I'm 51 years old had an attack 6 years ago and then two weeks ago wound up in the hospital they zapped me back in and then 2 weeks later back into AFib where I still am I'm just on Eliquis right now I see my doctor tomorrow and we'll set up a plan of action when I first start to go in afib though I get a panic attack I am hysterical think I'm going to die and then at once I settle down my heart beat goes good and it just skips everywhere flutters hard to sleep it's terrifying for me ive just been laying in Bed for 2 days waiting to see the doctor i dont feel like doinf anything .. Thanks again for your reply

• Posted

I see, as of right now I am feeling flutters and skipped beats as well. Don’t get hysterical though because it won’t kill you at least that’s what everyone says. Afib is a fairly new in the medical field and most cardiologist and electrophysiologist have no idea why it occurs besides being an electrical issue with the heart.  That’s what kills me because there is never a concrete answer with afib except trial and error with medications.  Ok the doc might put you on a beta blocker or rhythm control medication to control your Afib. I am currently on metropolol which is a beta blocker and flecainaide which is a rythm control drug. Did wonders for 7 months but since April I’ve been getting skipped beats and maybe once a week Ann afib attack but they last only 10 to 20 minutes. Also, getting a second opinion on an ablation that my electrophysiologist recommended. Leaning towards it as well. 
  • Posted

Push push push don't let the go fob you off like I did at ist.mention echo cardio gram that will show what it's doing also mention cardio version and ablation.if another comes on and you are scared ring 998 they would rather deal with a false alarm than to leave it .are you on bisopradol amiodrone and any sort of statin.remember derrick it's you that has af not your gp

• Posted

Thanks for you reply just on eloquest I go to the doctor tomorrow I'm still in afib it's been a day and a half ive been sleeping alot I'm sure he'll want more test when I get there Thursday, its the feeling of afib that is so unsettling I wont leave my house im afraid . Thanks again

• Posted

If you don't fight it the AF will win. I'm in permanent AF but am told that because of the size of my right atrium another cardioversion is unlikely to work.

You are fortunate that you are able to sleep when your AF is bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.