I feel all alone because I am living alone. All of a sudden in May 2018 I became seriously ill.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I live in a condo all by myself. I am feeling lonely because some of my friendly neighbors have moved away. I would like to move to a senior active community but I don't have any energy to start packing some of my things and getting rid of a lot of things. I will have to move from a 1200 sq. ft. to a 800 sq. feet. I feel depressed and I waste a lot of my time just being on my computer or just watching t.v.

I have always been a very strong woman. But now the only thing that is strong is my mind that will not allow my adult son to want to send me to an old folks home. I am thinking of letting go of him and move on in my life with out him. He is always hurting my feelings and I have reached the attitude that I really need to let go of him. He is all I have but I am guessing it is best to be alone than to have a negative son. I don't have any caring relatives either. So now I feel I have to take care of business on my own as I have always done. My son and I are like water and oil. Plus, he is very disrespectful.

I need to be strong enough emotionally so I can let go of him. I am thinking that the less of see of him and don't contact him any more I will be able to let go of him.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lucy, wherever you live you need to be happy. You don't and reading your story it's clear why. You will probably funnily enough be better on your own with people in a similar situation. I wish you luck but i think your son has to go or support you that is all. I hope wherever you live you have a happy life.

• Posted

Hi Sam, thank you for your advise and kind words. Today I made a plan to hire my cleaning lady twice per week so she can motivate me by helping me to downsize my things in my condo. She will help me pack my things.

You are so right that I need to live with other seniors that are also alone like I am in my life. So I have decided to move away from my adult son and find a wonderful country side filled with horses. I love being around horses and enjoy attending the Polo Games. So as soon as I can I plan to sell my .condo and move to a happy place that will be fun being around new neighbors and horses.

My adult son has never showed me the love that I deserve as his mother so I plan to not call him anymore. He will have to be the one to reach out to me and be respectful. That is all I want from him and if he can't do that then my heart will turn cold towards him and I will let him go. You are right that I have to let him go because each time I spend time with him I get real sad and feel lonely. It is time to cut the cord and let go. Thank you Sam

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.