I feel cheated by my doctor

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been having tummy troubles for months now with nothing seeming to get better.

I constantly pass gas all day, i am pooing alot each day usually 2/3 times which is more than normal i notice mucus every now and again sometimes comes out when i pass gas and every one of my poo is either flat or circular but really narrow bit thicker than a pencil im 28 and today i went to my doctor because this is taking over my life i feel so depressed and sad all the time and think im going to die i noticed a lump so i was suppose to have a exam where he put his finger up my bum to feel for any lumps etc all he did was look at my external hemmoroid and said yeah you have hemmoroids and said he didnt need to insert a finger because with external usually come internal and said about my poo being flat that sometimes this happens and poo changes shape and told me i definately dont have bowel cancer because im too young at 28 and thinks its probbaly IBS, iv got a blood test booked and got to hand in stool sample in 2 weeks to check for chrones as my nan had it but im losing my mind here i cant do anything this is debilitating i constantly think all day about it i cant function i cant sleep properly im anxious and dperessed 24/7 and i feel like my doctor just completely fobbed me off today i feel so angry i thought doctors were meant to help he seemes like he did not care at all i really dont know what to do i dont think i cant take this for another 2 weeks

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi cgt, what happened between the last time you wrote and now? what have you been told and by who? what have you discovered? what exactly did your doctor do/not do? the waiting is terribly hard. if you're unhappy with your doctor either ask to see someone else or ask to see the manager. i had to fight for years to get a correct response. my symptoms and diagnosis only altered when i swapped doctors surgery. i try to pull my doctor onside, gain their trust and get on with them. if you need more information either write on here or ask your chemist. i have had to ask my chemist some days as i didn't agree with my doctors diagnosis. keep that in mind your chemist sometimes know better than your doctor's surgery.

• Posted

IBS is a term used to cover lots of bowel problems so until your doctor has eliminated as many problems as possible ...like Crohns..... then you wont get any definite answers.Have you tried doing a food diary? Making a note of absolutely everything you eat every day until you can see a pattern. You can also help yourself by doing an elimination diet. Try leaving out wheat and gluten from your diet for 2 weeks to see if it makes any difference.If no difference, then re introduce wheat etc and leave out all dairy products like milk,yoghurt,cheese etc etc. Again if no difference, reintroduce dairy products but leave out eg eggs. It can be very helpful once you have identified the problem food. You could also look at the Fodmap to see if that would help. There is no miracle cure for this I'm afraid and the patient has to try and do whatever he can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.