I feel choked from surgery scar almost suicidal

Posted , 4 users are following.

ihad carotid surgery7 years ago and since i have been in hell everyday i m told i have scar in my throatbut no one does anything . there is arehab dr at jefferson who might help but they dont take my insurance or pleas to make exception a cosmetic md dr said i need surgery below the scar she cant do and they need to replace fat there so scar doesnt feel choking me duringsurgery they removrd muscle and fat im despedrate i am afraid i wont see my daughter anymore i had major heartsttack and feel waterboarded everyday the process of finding someone to help is exhausting i camt take gaging and 80 exrays. ers are mean and dont care if anyone can help me i have afew thousand to travel please help me stop suffering in hell if someone is nice enogh please replicate this message to other forums i willll write u a check im exhausted. 2673677073 ty

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello eric2855

We note from your contact with us that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. We suggest that you phone your doctor or NHS 111, or attend A&E, as a matter of urgency if you feel the urge to act on these thoughts.

Alternatively, the Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm angry for you too.

Too many people seem to be suffering and nothing's done to help them.

I'm guessing you're in America?

I watch an TV programme that comes from the states where people have their botched surgery corrected. (not that your surgery was botched ) ( I think it's called " Botched bodies") It's a long shot I know, and I hope you're not offended by me even suggesting it, but is it worth contacting this TV programme, national newspaper or someone in local politics to ask for help?

Good luck and very best wishes.

Jane (from England)

• Posted

My friend I really feel for you. I am also having long standing health problems.

Have you thought of another approach to this problem? As you are not getting anywhere with the health system at the moment. Why not go to your local paper. Tell them your story and how much you are suffering. Once you bring it to the attention of the wider audience, things may start to happen.

Also have you considered overseas treatment? I know its a long way, but the NHS is england do accept overseas patients. You may do better in England for treatment. I have included a link which contains contact information for overseas patients.

https://www.sth.nhs.uk/patients/overseas-patient-information

Contact details are at the bottom of the page.

Let us all know how you get on.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

Kind Regards.

Chimp.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.