I feel depressed and I feel like I don't enjoy anything and I feel like I dont love my girlfriend

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi so, recently I've just had a few days away from my girlfriend. I've been with her under 2 years. We are normally together every day and night at my house. I felt happy with her a couple of days ago. Now shes left to her mums house and I've been lost about being bored but I have no interest in anything and nothing is making me happy. I know we are perfect for each other and I dont want to break up because I wanna be with her forever but when i try do things i have the thought i dont love her and I cant even say I love anything with my life at the moment. I still speak to her every day and that is what I want to do. However the obsessive thought wont leave and I dont know if its because i have no interest in anything and I'm scared and worried to talk to her about it incase she thinks i dont wanna be with her. I cant find joy in music or social media or videos. I've even tried to garden but my thoughts are too much I stopped.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi sky, poor you, did she say why she left? have you tried speaking to her? or her mum? maybe she just needs some head space? think what happened before she left, anything untoward? maybe nothing and if not then it's something with her and not you! good luck getting to the bottom of it. i hope you find that out at least!

• Posted

Hi sam, thankyou for replying,

I know she left because we have been quarantining and she missed her mum. We were getting abit overwhelmed with each other and scrabbling at least once a day and she was upset with that. But nothing happened. I have just been having a sudden thought out if nowhere that my love for her is gone or it's like blocked. I have tried to enjoy things but that thought is always in the back of my head. I've read things online and seen different people in similar situations. But i wanna knowing you think i should just wait till i see her again to see how that feels because I've been feeling so guilty and upset because this is all so sudden. I know deep down I want to stay with her and shes my soulmate so I'm just so confused. maybe it's been so long and i have to work on it but i dont know.

• Posted

Definitely not a time to make any decisions about your life or how you feel until you get your condition sorted out.

Medication and therapy is the usual advice.

I hope you find the answers you need and achieve some kind of stabiity so you can lead a satisfying life once again.

• Posted

Hi Sky, It sounds like you are stressed out, overwhelmed, suffering from anxiety and maybe even depression...while you are on lock-down its a perfect time to work on some things, do some honest journaling, write exactly how you feel, what you want/need, what are your dreams and goals, what are your worries & concerns...have your girlfriend do the same ...then sit down together, or over video chat and talk about your thoughts and feelings, what's in your journals...If you are suffering from depressed/anxiety talk to your Dr... see what they have to offer, maybe meds, counselling(you & your girlfriend could go together)..and tell your family(when you're ready), wait until things calm down to make a decision about your relationship, you don't want to lose the love of your life, because you were having bouts of depression...Good Luck with your situation, hopefully you can, figure out if your REAL feelings have changed, or are just hijacked by this crisis &/or depression BEST WISHES💒☮🎶🐾🌈♾🍀

• Posted

Since you're in quarantine, connect with yourself on a deeper level. Now is the perfect time to see if you truly enjoy being alone. But let's also remember the circumstances are way different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.