I feel faint when I stand for more than five minutes. What is the issue?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have this fatigue and light-headedness whenever I stand for more that five minutes. Sometimes it comes with a back ache, sometimes it doesn't. These fatigue spells last for more than ten minutes when they come, and I have no idea what the problem is.

It has been happening for a very long time now, since I was a teenager. I thought it was normal, but now i'm beginning to get worried as this affects my workflow

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You need to check your blood pressure sitting down and then check again when you stand up. You may have a drop in pressure as you stand up. If this happens a lot you should see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.