I feel heavy pain and bleeding during period

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am Alina and I am facing lots of problems during periods due to fibroid. So, I am looking for a treatment without surgical procedure. Please suggest me which treatment procedure is suitable for me to treat fibroid.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alina, the treatment is given based on the type of fibroids you have. You cant say what treatment to have without knowing the size, location and type. Also, the treatment route, is chosen based on your personal circumstances as well. My advice is to see a doctor and take it from there. If after you have any questions you can ask then.

You cant treat fibroids with medications I am afraid, they can shrink them if they are too big for removal. You can have a keyhole surgery, open myomectomy, hysterectomy, hysteroscopy or UFE. Check the internet about what each procedure is about. 

• Posted

Along

Look into embolization with a radiologist dr. I have this procedure done in a week. Good luck to you.

• Posted

I had uterine fibroid embolization in July and I am so happy I did. I had heavy bleeding and was anemic. It was starting to affect all areas of my life. Please see a doctor and see which route you want to take. There are several options for women based on your fibroids. Good luck with your search! 
    • Posted

Hi Linda

I'm getting embolization done next week. Sounds like your recovering pretty good. I am nervous but I don't want surgery. I will try this first.

• Posted

I experienced heavy pain and bleeding during periods. i just never had the courage to say anything about it. i suffered alone for years. I discussed this matter to close friend. My friend empathized me because she used to have the same issue. I felt a little better knowing i wasn't alone. Thanks to my friend, I learned about USA Fibroid Centers and their treatment options. My friend had seen interventional radiologist in New York and received non-surgical treatment for uterine fibroid. I meet with her radiologist to discuss the plans for procedure. In the UFE Procedure, I experienced  a lighter and shorter menstrual cycle with no pain. Moreover, since UFE is a minimally invasive, outpatient procedure, i was able to resume normal activities after a week!

• Posted

Thanks for sharing your experience of fibroid treatment with me and i am also facing same problem. Now i am thinking to treat my Fibroid problem but i am little nervous.
    • Posted

Alia just had embolization I had it Feb 15 today is tbe 20 I did have to stay in hospital one night but my cramping was so severe they had to pump highest dose of Percocet in my iv. I was scared as ever but the team was great with taking care of my pain and now at least I can walk around. I do have some things like chills and a light fever but they tell you it's normal of it gets to high they let you know all the steps to going back in. Do research for a radiologist dr if you go that route. Had a 9cm and over 100 small ones my stomach is smaller already I hear it takes time to shrink. I also have my uterioussmile

• Posted

Hi Alina, There is no need to worry about the procedure. I think Uterine Fibroid Embolization is latest technology to treat Fibroids. My UFE was done in USA Fibroid Centers and they always use the gold standard in treatment for fibroid. The medical team makes sure patients are comfortable. Using ultrasound as a guide throughout the procedure,  USA Fibroid Centers's doctors are able to treat all the fibroids at once in approximately 30-45 minutes. Patients make a full recovery in one to two weeks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.