I feel like different people???

Posted , 4 users are following.

See, I'll like got to know someone by their actions. Characters, people I see on the streets, anyone- and it's like I am them. I feel it.

You know?

I have no clue as to what it is at all.

I'll feel like their face is mine, and that I am them in general.

I've really wondered what's happening.

Like, I act and 'think' like them.

Or what I've seen of them, on different days.

It's like playing a part, unfortunately I don't do it on purpose.

I just get worried.

This has been happening since i was very young.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hallo Stivis. Have you tried to make it work for you. Try channelling your perception for a positive purpose and learn how to switch it off when you need to. Do not overwork one part of your brain, remember all parts of your biology need rest. Do not burn yourself out. Have a whole variety of interests. Take it easy. Robert.
  • Posted

Be kind to yourself and don't let folk tell you that your sensitivity is wrong. I'd say if you feel that you are other people there is no way you would treat these people badly.

You might want to look into developing mental techniques for yourself so you can learn to turn off your ability for a bit of it starts to overwhelm you.

Sounds like your a sensitive, gentle, caring person there is nothing wrong with that. Its only when this starts to affect you adversely that you will need help. MH services are unlikely to be able to help. Kindness to yourself and robust self care routines are probably the answer while you work out how to turn your ability on and off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.