I feel like I'm 84 not 48...

Posted , 15 users are following.

I know there are a million threads on here about the long list of symptoms this horrible menopause throws at you. But I just feel SO old... and doesn't it get you down? I am active and have been careful with what I eat but the list of symptoms just seem to be getting longer and show no sign of leaving! Here are mine:

Weight Gain - Eating less and moving more but still seem to be gaining weight. Trying out intermittent fasting with just staying statically fat!

Joint Pain - At night this is worse when sitting down in the evening and "relaxing". Legs ache whether elevated, crossed or uncrossed. Getting out of the chair is a creaky affair as is getting up in the morning. My shoulders in the morning are so painful. Once I get going these all improve but do you know what Mrs Menopause, we can't keep moving 24 hours a day!

Hair Loss - front of my fringe seems to be disappearing and my parting is really thin showing more scalp as the months go by...

Ovarian Cysts - Had two now and they are a delight.

Stomach Trouble - Bloating, nausea, constipation or the other. Stomach bloats like a balloon as and when it feels like it.

Nausea, Dizziness and Headache - seems to be getting worse especially when the heavy period turns up.

Mood - generally a fed up disposition with little tolerance for anything!

Hot - that's it, not a flush or a wave just hot.

Spots - lovely blind spots that seem to be particularly at home on my chin(s) line.

All the above has been checked out by doctors with no real solutions. I take a bucket of supplements and not keen to go down the HRT route. I'm just moaning on here because I know all you of fab forum followers are probably going through exactly the same!

5 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Me as well I’m not taking HRT I’ll go natural supplements . 
    • Posted

Hi Eliaimee.

I’m having the same problems and can’t take HRT due to hypertension.  What natural supplements are you taking and do they help?

• Posted

Omg sabab, I love your post so

Honest and funny although we all know it's not funny going thru this, but it madee laugh. I deffo have the hot feeling permanently but not the flush feeling, I always used to be permanently cold, and spots galore, thanks for sharing x

• Posted

So sorry you are suffering 

I’m right there with ya! 

Mine is the FATIGUE DEPRESSION .... CONSTANT WORRY !

• Posted

Hi Lori, same here.  I don’t really mind some of the other symptoms but those you mentioned plus SEVERE ANXIETY are really bothering me. 

• Posted

Yep me too.  I need to swim or take a water class for achy joints-- it does help!!   I don't like the weight gain at all--I'm trying to move more but it only makes me more tired.  I do require sleep and if I don't get a good 8 or so hours, I can't function.  At times, it takes me days to 'catch up' after a busy weekend.  I do feel hot too-- not hot flash but just hot-- feeling warm-- These just started recently and I'm wondering if there is a connection with the green tea I'm drinking.  Used to get the headaches but those have subsided.  And there are many days that I wished I was independent and alone so that I could do the hell what I wanted and when.

Last year this time I was tired all the time-- slept many hours and then napped  as well.. No motivation to do anything. And if I did, it was a struggle. I hope this does not come back and I certainly felt 90

• Posted

Yes me too ! I have one night out and normally home by 9pm at the latest then I suffer for days .... I slept 12.5 hours last night  and I’m still tired ! I can’t stand it .... 

good to hear the fatigue subsided mine has been 6 months of unable to get out of bed and then going to bed very early .... with a few ok days inbetween . why do we need so much sleep during this time ? I mean we don’t have a virus or severe illness  it’s a natural thing right ? Hormones adjusting ? 

• Posted

Hi saban... I hear you loud and clear as i was as stif as a brush when getting up in the morning....i had all your symptoms too and im on hrt so its not a miracle cure. The tummy has been worse for me and taking a probiotic has help...tumeric tablets habe helped with the joint pain....i felt 90 but i am coming out the other side and it does get easier...i still have my rough days as posted here the other day with bad tummy but it settled....you seem to be doing the right things....hang tight . ck
  • Posted

Ha, love the way you expressed yourself here. I feel the same way . I feel 80 , all the symptoms not flushing just hot constantly. The bloating is terrible. I am so glad to find others who are going through the same. I am not on hrt. My worst peri symptoms started a few months ago. The depression is horrid for me. I am already on an antidepressant and i am not sure what my options will be. Its life halting for me. I dont think everyone has as hard of a time as others. My mom went through it naturally and only remembers having some hot flashes. Me i am a crying ball of sensetivity and wondering what my future holds. Doing a real scan of my life. I think that is being pronounced from the hormone things going on. Hope it gets better for you. This ime in a womans life can be obviously challenging. It feels so wonderful to know we are not alone. Hang in there smile
  • Posted

Yes, I totally relate. I have been trying a ton of different supplements and am finally fed up. I'm seeing my gyno at the end of the month.

• Posted

Yep, I’ve had all of those and more.  The joint pain is so bad I’ve applied for a blue badge!

Also getting horrendous pinching pain in boobs and I’ve made my GP refer me to get that checked out.  

Along with the feeling hot, restless legs, back pain, chest pain, bone pain, thinning hair, weird headaches, numbness and tingling, tinnitus and ear pressure. 

It’s a joy isn’t it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.