I feel like I’m dying and I can’t seem to shake it.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, it all started a few weeks ago when I went to the ER for rapid heart rate. I couldn't get it to slow down. There, I got a CBC, EKG, and since have gotten a chest x-ray and another EKG. Also since then, I've been dizzy almost all day and in pain just all around my body. I can't focus at all, and each and every day is consumed with thoughts of cancer and dying. I also haven't felt real for this duration of time, and it's like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle. Despite all the evidence pointing toward this being anxiety related, I can't bring myself to accept that. I find myself having multiple panic attacks each week, which make me feel awful for the rest of the day. I can't live like this anymore. Is it really possible all of this is being caused by anxiety, even the pain?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

yes! the pain too. go see a doc for some medication to get you through the roughest spots. something like xanax or ativan work immediately and are used when your absolutely spinning out w the anxiety. in the mean time, find a therapist who specializes in heath anxiety or generalized anxiety and OCD. OCD is very related to health anxieties even tho it manifests differently. im in the u.s. but that also means i cant really afford therapy but i try. a super-low dose ofgeneroc zoloft (sub theraputic dose) totally allows me to function without thinking im dying of cancer or feeling a new bodily sensation and fretting every 20 minutes. the meds can help tou function while getting therapy. if you try something lime zofloft, it has hellish side effects but they going away and take your anxiety away withina week or two. i know this terror. youre not alone. and theres nothing wrong w you. remind yourself that its only anxiety. if you have to google a symptom google only anxiety symptoms. everything else is cancer and death which is NOT true to your situation. good luck to you i hope you get relief soon.

• Posted

yes it’s absolutely possible that all your symptoms are caused by anxiety and stress. Actually your symptoms are very common with anxiety. rapid heart rate, dizziness, can’t focus, negative thoughts, pain, panic attacks. Very common.

ive had anxiety and stress for over 30 years and I’ve had just about every symptom you can have. In addition to your symptoms I’ve had floaters in my eyes, numbness and tingling in arms and legs, muscle twitches all over, foggy brain, vertigo, and several more.The body can only take so much stress before it has a breakdown. And that breakdown is when you get the symptoms. The symptoms won’t hurt you but I know how scary they can be. However my symptoms started in my 20s and I am now in my 50s and I am doing well.

positive mental attitude is really important because when we allow our mind to go negative then we get more symptoms and more anxiety.

just remember that the negative thoughts about cancer or other diseases are only thoughts that are not a part of you. They are not based on fact or reality but they are only based on fear. Fear is a feeling that is not solid evidence. It’s just an emotion.

. You don’t have to be stuck in that cycle. you have more evidence that all of this is related to anxiety. if you’re having a really hard time with this, think about having virtual counseling sessions to see what’s behind all the anxiety. Something in your life must be causing this. It really helps to talk to somebody who can help.

if you have a panic attack, do a search on YouTube for how to control a panic attack and there are people that will guide you through it. I do hope you feel better soon and we are here for you. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.