I feel like I'm going crazy

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with GAD and depression for about 3 years now when it got really bad I got over it, all of the sudden now it's kicked back into full gear. I don't do much of the things I've used to, I never shower, it's hard to get out of bed. I only have a good time when I'm with my girlfriend or after a panic attack I'm shaken up but relieved the panic attack is over with. I feel disattached and I know how depersonalization works I just feel like I'm going crazy when this “dream like" state is intense. I feel like I'm not really doing actions or who I am sometimes and I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I used to be the guy who laughed a lot and ate everything. Now I'm mainly silent and on my phone all day unless I'm at my girlfriends house. It's been this way for over a month now and I'm just wondering what treatments and medication help. I can't get a one on one therapy session for another month, but I'm doing young adults group counseling on mondays. I just need help to cope and get out of the intense bubble of anxiety/depression/DPD.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there, I'm sorry that you too are suffering from this beast called anxiety.

I would say, that until you get to go to the therapist, give yourself a break..Anxiety usually sparks up again after a really stressful period of your life, when you're supposed to relax and calm down. Take it easy for now, I know exactly how it feels and how you're feeling dissociated with almost everything. I would say, try psychotherapy first before considering any meds..

It's good that you beat it in the past, means you're gonna do it again.! It's never a pleasure when it comes back and it's frightening indeed, but you're gonna make it.

Does your gf know about your anxiety?

• Posted

Thank you for replying. I'm new to this site and forum talk haha. I have beaten it before and it's always lingering but it must've been a mixture of schooling, wrestling, work, family money issues and my relationship problems that I had a sever panic attack a month ago and it's been hell on earth ever since. I just want to get this over with as soon as possible and any talk of hope really helps. My girlfriend does know bless her soul and really helps me out, but I feel really guilty for being cooped up and not who I used to be. I know meds isnt the best way to go sometimes, but I'm desperate to feel like myself again and not have this reucurring anxiety episodes. I want to be able to go outside and go for a walk or not hold my bladder because I'm not feeling too hot.

• Posted

Hello Cristian.

I feel for you , i know what this detachment feeling is like , sometimes you can feel like a total alien, the group therapy is the best thing you can do right now , it is important to be with people that know what you are going through.

Neil.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.