I feel like I'm going to die constantly

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ive been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, but my heart flutters so severely and frequently that i become extremely light headed and scared, (not anxious until it happens btw) its an undescribable, extremely uncomfortable feeling like my heart is hollow and theres tension like its literally stopping or not even there. I've had bloodwork done and have gone to the hospital but they've only told me that its my anxiety. Im not anxious up until the event occurs, and i don't think they've investigated thoroughly enough and that im going to die at any second

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

did they ever run any other tests on you besides bloodwork? EKG? echocardiogram?what is your heart rate when this is happening? it could be related to anxiety but if you haven’t had any testing done, for your peace of mind you can request that from your doctor. you have the right to ask for testing.in the meantime, try to relax your mind because the symptoms will increase if you are constantly anxious about this. I hope you feel better very soon!

• Edited

I have been feeling the same way for the last week, I had a busy weekend and really didnt eat very weel, I had too many treats like cakes and on monday I was feeling like i was bloated and gasy. At one point I had a very quick sort of thump in my chest like and air bubble had moved or something, freaked me right out and instantly thought it was heart issues. I checked my fit bit and my heart was slightly elevated at 78 bpm but nothing extreme. from that point on I cant stop worrying I have sever heart issues and i`m going to just drop dead at any minute.

I have also linked this in to the covid vaccines I have had (Pfizer back in June) and I am now worried about my booster jab due beginning of Jan

• Edited

Flutters are almost always a symptom for a lot of people with an anxiety disorder. Another one is worrying you'll blame your anxiety when in fact it's something medical. What a cycle to be stuck in eh?!

I also get heart flutters where I can feel it up into my throat. I recently found out that 'Wolfe Parkinsons White syndrome' is on my medical records from when I was a baby (I'm 38 now). I found out from a paramedic after an allergic reaction a couple of months ago. It explains my palpitations!

It's not a serious condition but is common and can actual cause people to be anxious because of the palpitations.

I'm by no means suggesting you diagnose yourself as you'll only find yourself down a rabbit hole of anxiety. But it's definitely worth asking for an ECG.

• Edited

you are not going to die. You will be fine. You could seek help from a psychologist. you should abandon activities that take away your peace. for example, violent movies or violent music or violent people. I recommend that also you pray to God. Our God of Love and of Peace. This gives a lot of peace to our hearts. I recommend that you look for activities that give you peace in your soul.

• Edited

Hello Kyle

I have generalized anxiety disorder as well. I feel on edge 24/7 I got help a few months back and things have gotten better for me. I'm learning to just live my life with or without this crap. A few months ago I couldn't eat, sleep or even be alone with my kids. Crazy how anxiety can make simple tasks impossible. I spoke to a psychologist, went to anxiety management classes and Iam on an antidepressant. This is my 3rd round going through anxiety. Last 2 times I was over it in a month with medication but I dont know what happened this time. I guess every round is different. But I want you to know you'll be ok. We all will in time with hard work. It won't be easy but remember you will not die as scary as it is and as horrible as the side effects may be. You'll get through it. You can message me any time you like. the more support the better.

• Posted

Hi @jessica61856 -

Where did you find the anxiety management classes? I should probably look into something like that.

thanks!

Elizabeth

• Posted

That's wonderful, aside from 1:1 therapy I didn't realize there were these classes available. I'll look into this, thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.