I feel like i'm peeing into my vagina

Posted , 6 users are following.

i had A and P repair May 10th.  At times when I start to pee, it feels like I'm peeing INTO my vagina.  There is no sound in the toilet of the pee hitting the water.  Then I feel a flap opening around the urethra and I hear the pee hitting the water in the toilet.  I don't have any vaginal discharge. But the perinium smells like a cats pee.  Matron, please respond.  I don't know how to private message you. I'm a nurse and I'm thinking fistula?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Dorothy, I'm a midwife and my advice would be to seek urgent advice from your GP to get a referral to see your consultant. It's probably fine but you need peace of mind. Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you,, Sue. I'm scared.  My first prolapse surgery was Nov 2015, that failed. I am 78 yrs old with pacemaker, atrial fib.  I also have escape of vaginal gas bubbles after I pee. Please pray for me.  Again i'm grateful for your response.  x

• Posted

Dorothy,

Try not to worry, just get seen asap. I'm praying for you lovely lady. Let us know how you get on.

Sue x

• Posted

Oh you poor lady. Can you hold a small hand mirror down there to watch what happens when you pee?
    • Posted

I tried the mirror, but can't see whar's happening. I can see when I stand, but not when i'm sitting on the commode.  Thank you so kuch for responding Robyn.

• Posted

Hi Dorothy,

This surgery seems to alter bits of our anatomy, not always for the best.

Mine was in April, and when I wee, it now goes forward -- if I'm not careful it goes under the seat, and can run onto the floor!

Like you I don't hear it going into the water.

Have tried squatting, and it runs down my inner thigh, at a loss, just have to be really careful??

• Posted

Laura, I'm sorry you are also having difficulty.  Your replay gives me some hope that it is not due to a fistula.  I don't know what I would have done without you wonderful ladies during the two surgeries..Nov, 2015 and May 10, 2016.   Praying for sucessful outcome for you and all the ladies in the forum.x

• Posted

Mine is definitely not a fistula, and hopefully yours is just a change in direction as well. Maybe your stream is going backwards instead of downwards

When I finish, I seem to have a tiny leak about a minute after, as if my urethra isn't totally emptying.

All this has happened since surgery, I think when I was stitched, my labia and perineum were pulled into a different positions.

Let's hope we all learn to cope with our post surgery bodies.x.

• Posted

I would request a doctors appointment ASAP for both reasons, the fact that you feel you stink of cat pee and you feel your urine isn't going where it should. Whether it's aimed wrong and hitting you and not the toilet is a moot point. If it's going within you and not out you're setting yourself up for an infection. If rout urine is not draining properly and is sitting somewhere it shouldn't you'll have a nasty problem. You may not have any discharge at the moment but who's to say something isn't already brewing? Not trying to alarm you but it's always best to rule out the bad first and if it's a matter of aim changing there is a class that helps train your bladder to direct your direction if you get my drift. I had to take it first before my insurance would approve my surgery. My repair was necessary as it was impacting my bladder as well as my rectum. The rectosele had created a pouch that was pushing my bladder so far over that it wouldn't empty properly. Surgery seems to have corrected that issue. Will see if it's solved the other issues as I heal up but to early to tell as I'm only two weeks post op. Pain much improved. Able to better pass BM. Won't know for at least another two-three weeks if it's solved all my issues. Good luck with yours.

• Posted

Thank you Cabookworm,  i am seeing my GP tomorrow, with hopes he will refer me back to the surgeon.  I also had my urine back up.  This was before my first surgery in Nov of 2015.  My cystocele fell after 6 weeks, so I went to another surgeon and now am having this problem.  Before the first surgery I had Hydronephrosis in both kdneys.  The kidneys were swollen with the urine that wouldn't come out, due to the prolapse.  I was told it would evntually lead to kidney failure and kidney dyalasis. I am so afraid that it is happening again.  Even though I am 78 yrs old, I am not ready to give up, and nobody suggested that I should.  Thank you for your response. I will pray that your outcome is successful.  God bless us both, and all the wonderful ladies in this forum.  Dorothyx

• Posted

Ohhhh I feel for you Dorothy. I have everything crossed that you can get this sorted
    • Posted

Robyn,  it is hartwarming to know that you are rooting for me.  I can't beginn to tell you what this means. I have so much respect for the ladies and their good wishes for all of us who are going through this together.  Thank you for being here for me.  Dorothyx

• Posted

Dorothy,

Any news? I, too, pee "backwards," and though I'm fine with just this esthetic issue, I wondered how you were getting on?

• Posted

Thanks for asking, AFoxDavis, Not a good day.  I've been on antibiotics..Cipro for 1week...developed a yeasr infection and treatment has not been effective.  Today i pulled myself up by a handle because my knee buckled. Now I caused my bladder to drop back.  This is the second failed surgery in less than a year.  First was Nov, 2015, and the second was May 10, 2016.  I am hopeless.  I called the surgeon and will see him next Monday.,  yeast infection is being treatd by my GP for a week with no improvement.  It is 3am in US and cannot sleep due to my anxiety. Thx for asking, aren't you sorry you did?  All I can do is whine.

• Posted

Oh Dorothy, you poor love.

I'm so sorry you're having such a horrid time.

I hope you start to feel better soon and that your surgeon is helpful.

Sending you love and best wishes

Sue xxx

• Posted

Sue, Thank you so much for your understanding. Bless you. Dorothy xx
    • Posted

Oh Dorothy. BIG hugs!!! How are they securing organ/organs that are prolapsing? I can't remember what repairs you had? I really feel for you. Whinge away as much as you like. If we are reading your posts then we are interested!! From Robyn, NZ

• Posted

Robyn,  my first surgery Nov 19, 2015 was called Colpocleisis and Sling Placement.  After 9 weeks post op she finally admitted that she never completed the surgery because of heavy bleeding.  But she never told my husband or me until my bladder fell again.  ...as I said...9 weeks later.  

My second surgery on May 10, 2016 was an A ans P repair.  New doctor said it was difficult because of the unfinished first surgery.   Now that has failed.  

God bless you for your kindness.  I'll post after I see surgeon number two next monday.  Dorothy xxx

• Posted

Oh wow. Hope you can get a resolution. How did you know it had collapsed this time?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.