I feel like I'm sitting on a large ball. Affects my walking

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a seventy one year old male. In December, 2018 , i had a severe U.T.I. I became septic during my first hospital stay. My 3rd hospital stay was because I became so unsteady when I walked. After that was when I began to feel like l was sitting on a ball. i have been to urologist, neurosurgery, digestive health, nephrology, had physical therapy, had muscle and rectal tests and NO ONE has been able to figure my situation out. The ball sensation from the area between my anus and my scrotum. Sometimes it goes between that area and the top of my inner thighs. Its affecting my walking and my gait. HELP!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

after thr i had the same odd sensation like sitting on a ball.

Teaching our glutes how to work again is the answer! In addition, making sure the main rotators of the hip are doing their job it all takes time too. it takes time for healing and strength to come back after major surgery.

Your physical therapist can help help evaluate you pain and help with exercises to strengthen your gate and keep walking the best way to get strength back and please try not to over do. remember glute squeezes and stretching before getting out of bed.

The ball I felt like I was sitting on has disappeared after a few months. There are many issues after THR most resolve on their own . Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.