I feel like I wish I could just die tonight. Don't care about life anymore. Feeling so lonely inside

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hate myself. I can't provide for my son. Filled out 100 job applications and nothing. Homeless and hopeless. Just wanna die honestly. Mentally I'm in pain and it's torture to keep waking up everyday. Wish i could sleep and never wake up to this lonely cruel world. I have nobody

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kiasi,

It pains me that you feel so alone, so dejected with life that no-one is there for you.

It's must be soul destroying to go through so many applications and yet nothing; continuing to carry on when faced with that kind of rejection takes strength which you obviously have in spades, I assume you are a single parent? That is true strength. It isn't easy, however, it will change, everything changes at some point and you will begin to see a road ahead with some breathing space.

Please try and look up organisations in your area where you will hopefully find support. I know it's hard right now I really do where everything seems so pointless though with some support you may start to feel there is a purpose for you. I'm unsure what age your child is though children don't see the guilt we feel but they do see us as strong so keep going for you which will let you feel stronger for him.

It perplexes me at times that others comment without asking first if you are ok or lending some emotional support and come across as judgemental rather than emphatic. Please know there are people here who genuinely care and are not interested in pouring derision down others throats. Please let me and others reading this know how you are.

Take care

• Posted

I’m so sorry to hear you feel like this, I agree with the above comment try and stay positive I’m a single parent with a son and even though my situation is no where near yours my son has been the strength to keep me going he needs you just keep that at the front of your mind and talk to us if you need to don’t give up xx
    • Posted

Hi Sherri,

What a nice reply. It's good to know there are supportive people out there. My heart really does go out to single parents.

• Posted

Hi!

Listen you feel like that because it seems like there is no way out of it. You never know maybe tomorrow you will get your job! Being not able to provide for your son must feel awful but you are trying! And you do have somebody! You have your son, even he is little boy at the moment, he needs you. Not everyone was born in Rockefeller family so what??? Money is not everything !!!

One day is dark another sunny sometimes there is a lot of dark days but they’ll end 100% , always was like that always be like that.

I know it’s only words but but I hope it’ll help even a little bit. 

• Posted

Hi kiasi95363

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.