I feel like im going crazy

Posted , 4 users are following.

So tonight i thought my dad was acting really weird, he was drinking today and asked me to take a shot etc. (note im 15) and i thought that was odd but he was drunk, so hours pass and he takes a nap and wakes up, walks into my room and puts his hands around my shoulders and shakes me kinda and asks if im awake, while im sitting in my chair at my desk and i say yes, he then goes to the bathroom says "i think its time to wake up" etc. so after a bit he goes out into the living room and lays down on the couch and asks if hes gonna see me in the morning, i respond with "what? yeah" and then 5 minutes later he asks me again and i say yes again. After that I go out into the kitchen to make popcorn and i put it on for 3:30 seconds instead of 2:30 which i rarely forget about stuff like that and when i go back out its burnt and my dad keeps asking what the smell is, etc. and i keep responding its popcorn, then when i make another bag and start walking to my room he gets up takes it and asks for a bowl and im like okay... go get him a bowl then make another bag, i go to get the other bag and he asks me about my cousin that i barely know and her boyfriend/husband and i say i have no clue so i start walking to my room and he says "hey come back in here imma beat you up" then go into my room and get dressed and i walk out and say im going for a walk youre acting really weird, and he responds with "no youre acting really weird", i then say seriously youre acting weird im going for a walk and he responds with "fine but im going to beat you up". 

i leave and try calling my sister but i forgot today she works a midnight so i end up walking to her work and talking to her about it, she calls my dad and he says that he feels fine and doesnt know what shes talking about, and i walk home. When i get back he doesnt say anything and just keeps watching tv and i go back into my room and im now writing this.. 

my dad is bipolar and has a couple other conditions, i have depression and anxiety and i feel like im going crazy and my mind just made up all the stuff my dad said because he says he doesnt remember any of it.. my depression hasnt been getting worse lately (im on meds) and last night i was in the bathtub trying to cut myself open and kill myself with a box cutter but luckily it was too dull to do anything that bad.. am i just having a mental breakdown or something? what should i do? i was thinking of going back to the psych ward but school starts soon and i dont want it to interfere with that.

3 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that sounds very frightening. Is your Dad taking his meds? Is there an adult you can speak to? Your Dad sounds like he is psychotic at the moment. Whatever is happening, he needs to be seen by a doctor asap. Sounds like he may need admitted to hospital. Please seek help for him as soon as possible....for your own sake if nothing else. Hope you are ok.
  • Posted

Hi Ray

It sounds like you are having a tough time and welcome to the group.

I would say like the others to talk to an adult or even social services so they can give you the support that you need and also arrange some for your father.

It seems like the illness is affecting his judgments and that in turn is affecting you.  Please do get the help you need so that you can avoid the self harming.  You are not going crazy you are just upset and confused at what is happening.

Always happy to talk on the thread.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.