I feel powerless

Posted , 6 users are following.

I feel Powerless,

I feel Meaningless,

I feel Hopelessness

I feel Tiredness

I feel Suicidalness

I am 52 and i just cant get my life together. i have bouts of bad depression followed by suicidal thoughts. Theres no one. This illness is the most friend destroyer and relationship destroying illness anybody could ever have. No one cares, not even the professionals that are there for me. They keep asking me, what do you want us to do? How am i suppose to know im the patient not the professional.

Maybe id like just kindness, understanding, support, a plan to get me back.. But it dont exist only in fake news articles that patronizingly talk about supporting mental health, like us patients are a football team.

What has happened to this world, its social media driven where everybody only cares and talks about themselves.

Less people help others now than ever in the history of this world.

Are people like us all to blame? Or is it that world has less empathy now than it ever did? Its almost non existent, like a car struggling to get to the petrol station on only fumes in the tank.

I still care about people. My whole life i cared. Yet here i am being the one that needs the support now, and what ive found, is a careless society, that pretends it cares on Social media, where they can get loads of thumbs up and back virtual back slapping. Most of them only do it for gratification from others.

Is there any kindness anymore? Any generosity anymore? Any empathy?

Any genuineness?

At times people seem so cruel.

Its even worse when your a man and you have got these problems, your looked as weak by others.

Life is such a hard struggle for me now, i think im just going to give up .

Jason

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jason700,

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologise for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

If you are based outside of the UK.

The Samaritans is a UK based charity, but they also have suggestions for how you can access help in other countries.

Please have a look at this page https://www.befrienders.org/directory

Patient

• Edited

Jason I am really sorry that you are going through this and feeling so down. And I know what depression feels like. I’ve been struggling my whole life and I am in my 60s now.

There are people that do care and there’s lots of support out there. if the professionals that you’re talking to are asking you what you want them to do then those are not the right professionals to talk to. A good professional would know how to support you .

Follow up with the Samaritans. Also many local churches offer free counseling. you need somebody to talk to you right now and those would be a good place to start.

don’t let depression win. you have a strength within even though it doesn’t feel like it right now. I had to find that strength to get up and fight for myself. I couldn’t wait for somebody to come to me to help, I had to search until I found the right person. you can do it also! You are still very young and things can definitely improve! Take one day at a time and don’t overthink things.

even though you are feeling depressed, every day think of at least one thing that you are grateful for. everybody has something.

don’t let a lack of empathy from other people run you down. You are more important than that. Make yourself a priority and forget about what others think or say.

Go out and get that support that you need as soon as you can. Even though I don’t know you, I do care! Life is precious. Im in the process of building myself up taking baby steps and so can you. never ever give up.

take care of you. ❤

• Posted

hi jason, i want you to talk, i will listen and i will not judge, i will not ask what you want, i will only ask one thing though, if you feel so bad have you made any plans to not be here, if not can we get you the support you need and by helping bit by life may seem better. you seem like your in a dark place, you seem like you're reaching out for help. i can not stop you doing what you want to say but i will read whatever you put on here, you lead i will try to listen.

• Edited

hi jason you feel a lot of negativity, you have taken on a lot, with no positivity given back to you! what has happened to YOU never mind anyone else, just you. if you talk, say what is happening, tell us what has made you so sad, write down everything and TELL the absolute truth you may heel. 1 thing worries me - suicidal? have you acted on your thoughts? any plans, or have you taken just had enough. you and ONLY you can stop feeling soooo sad. build from the bottom like a spider put of the bath, you may fall down but if YOU want it you can do it.... do 1 thing - see your doctor and tell the absolute truth, if you lie you'll make matters worse. good luck! 🤞

• Posted

Feelings come and go what remains is mentality, so work on your mentality. Spirituality can provide good mental focus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.