I feel really light headed

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am 22 days post op and feel really light headed.  On a couple of occasions today I have felt dizzy and had to sit still for a few minutes until it passed. Anyone else had anything similar?

thanks

lee x

1 like, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How are you feeling today ? I haven't found any change from you the gel yet . 
    • Posted

Hi Lyn 

i am feeling better today 

I have docs on wed so will get blood tested 

I think the gel is great 

i have had no flushes or night sweats

A couple of headaches but I think I need to increase my dose 

I only apply one pump a day. What about you?

x

• Posted

Yes I only apply one pump a day as well but I would find it hard if I was using more than one pump would have to use another arm as well .im glad you're feeling better today . I've had some headaches but I put that down to the fact I'm sleeping brilliant and the change in the weather but I've not neede to take anything as they're not that bad and they do clear as the day goes on .i think I'll wait for another couple of weeks and if I still don't notice any improvement using the gel then I'll speak to the doctors but I have to go back to work a week tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it I'm going to see if I can find another courier company to work for 
    • Posted

How long have you been off?

i am not planning to go back to work until June. 

And then it will be part time. 

What a worry for you

x

• Posted

I will have been off ten weeks by then it's just the company takes the mick they expect something for nothing they pay a pittance for each parcel I deliver and only get paid if you manage to deliver it 
    • Posted

Lyn that sounds rubbish. 

Dont rush back before you are ready. 

I am appalled at the stories some women are posting on here who are getting no/minimum support from their workplace. I mean it's not as if we choose to have a major operation is it?  

I am not rushing

take your time and good luck looking for something else

lee x

• Posted

How have your family and friends been? You had a much bigger operation than I did and everyone wonders why I'm not out running around yet. It's been 3 days since surgery. Am I being a wimp?
    • Posted

I can't afford to take anymore time off I don't get paid unless I'm working as I'm self employed so I'll of had two months off with no pay 
    • Posted

Ahhhh I see Lynn. 

Thats a shame - it must be difficult on no pay. 

Take it easy if you go back then. 

Lee x

• Posted

Hi

i am nearly 4 weeks and still walking with a bit of a stoop

i still feel very vulnerable. 

My hubby was off for 2 weeks when I came home from hospital and my sister calls in twice a week. This week my friends have started to pop in or pick me up and take me for coffee. On the days I go out I am shattered when I come home. 

3 days - you are being anything but a wimp. What did you have done?  

Take it easy. Your body tells you what it can do. 

Lee. X

• Posted

I had laparoscopic surgery to remove one ovary and both tubes. My husband is being very kind and helpful but strangely it is older women from church that wonder why I'm not at full speed. I've heard things like "when I had a full hysterectomy I was out to dinner the next night" and "it STILL hurts?" Maybe I'm just not as strong as their generation lol?
    • Posted

That is strange. I have had the opposite reaction from people. 

People seem amazed that I am up and about only 4 weeks on. 

Maybe it is a case of 'they have short memories'.  It is kind of like having babies long ago. My granny was cooking dinner 2 hours after having a baby. Take your time. And don't feel guilty that you feel sore.  It is major surgery. 

Lee x

• Posted

Thank you for the encouraging words, Lee. You're right, I think they must have short memories!

I'm going to take it easy today -- just noticed there is some bleeding from one of the incision sites. Yikes.

Betty :-)

• Posted

Don't worry about that Betty. 

I had a weep on the right side of my scar for 3 weeks. It has now cleared up. Just mention to the doc if it starts to hurt and smell. 

My scar is just about fully healed. now. 

It is still early days for you

lee x

• Posted

Yes I figure as long as I'm not spurting blood (lol) it is ok. Take care of yourself too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.