I feel so confused, and lost.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, I need some help here. 

So recently I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. I have been with the same person for 3 years, and have always been loyal. I get tested whenever i go to the OBGYN, and this time they told me I had this STD. My boyfriend recently got tested before this and his results came back negative. I had him test again after I told him, and his results were NEGATIVE. I don't understand how this is possible considering I have only been with him for 3 years, and never had an STD before in the past years. He has always been faithful as well. I don't know what to do because I feel like he doesn't trust me now, or thinks I cheated because I have this and he doesn't. I've been crying myself to sleep everynight thinking about this. I feel so lost and confused. I have read other forums saying this has happened to them, and I just need some help. I really don't know what to do 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry at all, chlamydia is very easy treatable, it would be gone in 2 weeks with proper treatment, so start treatment.

About your situation with your boyfriend, talk to him, swear for him that you were faithful to him all the time.

He will accept you, these things happen for every one.

Don't have sex till the time that doctor will tell you. It would be around 3 weeks, more likely less than this time.

• Posted

Thank you, but how is it possible that I just randomly got it and he doesn't have it? Thats what confuses me. 

• Posted

Were you virgin before being intimate with your boyfriend,?
    • Posted

No but the last time I had sex with someone else was 3 years ago, I've had std tests since then and they all came back negative for everything

• Posted

I'm a guy. If my girl friend, wife, etc. told me she had  Chlamydia. And I knew without a doubt I did not have it  I'd leave her in a heartbeat. You may be inocent but if you were in his place would you believe you were faithful?

• Posted

There are several ways you could have contacted the disease. One major way is toilet seats, especially public restroom toilet seats. Have you used public restroom lately? If you answer yes to this question, then it's a great chance that it was how you picked it up.

To prevent a repeat, ensure to flush the toilet before use and wipe the seat and flush again. Then roll some tissue paper into it to minimize splash. Lastly, place seat paper over the seat; double it if you have to. If there's none, make improvise with toilet tissue. If you practise these hygiene tips and wash your hands thoroughly after using the restroom, you'd greatly minimize chances of inexplicable STI.

Make sure to mention this possible mode of transmission top your boyfriend; I'm sure it'll make so much sense to him. Believe it or not, one could pick up infections from toilet seats, behind other users, if one doesn't take those precautions. I hope this clears your puzzle.

• Posted

Your assumptions might be wrong. Just as I just explained to Marl, one easy way to pick up inexplicable STI is failure to practice hygiene while using public restrooms. If you don't cover the seats as I suggested, it could happen to you.

Sexually transmitted diseases, especially bacterial type, are not only transmitted sexually. Poor hygiene practice in public places especially could increase the chances.

• Posted

I understand you but you have to know many people have stds without symptoms and they may not know it, and some could have them but they are innocent.
  • Posted

So maybe you've got the infection from your boyfriend or maybe the results are false, repeat the test, both of you.

• Posted

She could have contracted the disease through public restroom seats if she uses them as she does her personal restroom(s). In fact, I could say with great certainty that she contracted the disease that way, not necessarily through promiscuity/cheating.
    • Posted

Yes I've heard that too, but I'm not completely sure about it.

• Posted

It's possible only because bacteria can live outside the host's body for so long (the ones that form endospores - mainly Gram-positive - can last for decades, even centuries), unlike viruses that don't have much of a survival chance outside their host.

• Posted

HPV might not be transmitted that easily because as I'd said earlier viruses are thugs in the body, but outside the body they're just as vulnerable as any wimp out there. Warts, on the other hand, could very easily be transferred from contaminated surfaces to mucous membranes. But one effective way to reduce chances of transmission via mucous membranes is by paying particular attention to hygiene practices.

• Posted

Thanks a lot bro.

I have other questions, I will ask them later via private message.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.