I feel so discouraged

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw a gynaecologist on monday who diagnosed a bladder and rectocele prolapse grade 2. She said she would refer me to a urogynae, the waitlist before i even get a consult is at least 6 months . i called the urogynae office today and they havent even received the referral yet. so i called back the gynae office to ask when would the referral be sent but she didnt know and made me feel like a pest. my bladder prolapse doesnt bother me much just need to pee alot, but i am tired of the rectocele i feel pressure constantly in my rectum i am using the bathroom up to 8 times a day, all soft but my body pushes and strains so much so it hurts around my back. i never feel empty. i had a hemorrhoidectomy at the beginning of the month and see my surgeon in 2weeks i am hoping there is something he can suggest. sorry for long post. i guess just needed to rant x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I dont know if it will help you as I dont know if it's just a coincidence with me but I have the same ,think grade 2 as they wont do anything about it at the moment but like you I had awful pain in my bowel and constant pressure in my pelvis and vaginal area. agony to go for a poo. never empty . doc put me on 20mg amatryptaline a day and a hormone replacement cream for my dryness in the vagina,I couldn't have intercourse as it was so painful. I'm am past menopause so gave it a go. tried everything for constipation and had to use a glove and vaseline which did help a lot but didnt really solve the problem. anyway since going on these meds I have no problem at all. no more constipation and sex life resumed no problem . I think the cream has gave me back the elasticity that was lacking down in that area and the anti depressant has put my bowel right if that sounds feasible.

• Posted

hello Margaret

I hope you dont mind me asking... why on earth did your gp put you on antidepressants for your bowel? I've never heard of that before.

also what cream are yiu on for yiur dryness? I'm on vagifem twice a week but not sure if this will strengthen the tissues in vag.

I'm struggling with my back wall but supps do help me a lot. without these ud struggle.

I had my tvh and an done 18 mths ago but Urogynacologist would not do all 3 together fir fear of making vag too small. I would of taking the risk than have to go through more recovery, so annoying it really is.

are you in UK?x

• Posted

I know this post it old but I just wanted to say that Amitriptyline is not only used for depression. These days it is much more used for neuropathic pain. I am testament to that as Ive been on it for years for neuro pain. I'm sure is is also helping with discomfort after my prolapse surgery 10 weeks ago.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.