I feel something shifting in my head

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I feel something shift in my head sometimes and it's often accompanied by a "crack!" (actually more than one). I don't remember how long I've had this problem, must've been years.

I thought it was normal until I casually mentioned it to someone and turns out it's not.

I usually shake my head hard when I get this feeling, since it's pretty annoying and I want it to go away. Whenever I do so my head feels like a box full of toys being shaken, one that has many things inside.

Sometimes I have a mild headache at the same, but I don't know if these two things are related with one another.

I'm sorry I can't describe it any better, but I hope someone can tell me what this is and if I should be concerned.

Thank you, have a nice day

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I think I know what you mean. I sometimes get something similar, like a burst of electricity in my head and a sensation that the room is moving.

• Posted

I think my problem is a bit different. The feeling isn't like a burst of electricity and it has never caused me any problems, fortunately (e.g. like your sensation that the room is moving). It's just a very annoying feeling like my brain is rearranging itself in my head.

• Posted

That "crack" you describe is what I mean by a burst of electricity. The room seeming to move is because I'm sitting or standing still but my brain feels as if it is shifting inside my head.

• Posted

But the room doesn't seem like it's spinning in my case though 😦. How weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.