I feel trapped but I'm not, I could run away, fear as well, is this common?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Too add some detail, I'm in my early 20s, live alone, and I'm unemployed, have been most my life, Somtimes I feel I'm trapped where I live and that I will only be better if I sell everything and run away, but I obviously fear doing that as I would be risking so many comforts I have, same time I wonder if such a dramatic attempt at change would be a bad thing? The plan isn't really a plan, just jump on my bike and ride somwhere and maybe it will end well, I always hear about people around my age having fun adventures, usually under different circumstances, and most with some kind of finacial support like there perants or whatever.. I often feel like my life is seriously painfully stagnate and won't go anywhere.. I'm a bit scared of trying to get a job, but if I did I also have high expectations for myself, I want a job where I feel I'm important/make a diffrence I can see, maybe theres somthing wrong with me but this is why I'm being so honest on here.. is this all just common or is there somthing else going on with me that I can't see?? 

So I feel trapped, stagnant, but also afraid of staying still or trying my crazy idea.. maybe this is a small panic attack? 

Sorry if this post bothers anybody, Just looking for some kinda advise/help with this

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

How are you paying your bills living alone with no job? You noted a bike not a car..do you drive? I can see how you feel trapped you are not being productive in your life. Existing but not living. Are you currently a student? What are you doing with yourself on  a daily basis? do you have anxiety
    • Posted

theres a benefits system where I live so I get some money and its a scooter I have, I don't have a driving licenc though, Been trying to get into college but having to put in a complaint as the one ideal sort of start course for me has a tutor who has some kinda personal hatred of me, she's been blocking all my applications without an interview so trying to go through a complaints procedure, problem is al probs still not get on the course as they won't change the tutor, On a daily basis I sit inside on the pc, thats about it, and I have been diagnosed as having an anxiety disorder but even then I don't trust the diagnosis as no tests were made.. though maybe theres no tests for it :p 

• Posted

Life on the run is not much fun. People's kindness runs out. You may end up in jail

• Posted

on the run.. i'm not talking about robbing a bank o.o

• Posted

I feel you first should see a doctor & get on medication. Once you are on the correct meds and they start working you could think more clearly. At this time you could search for a job which you would feel comfortable doing, once you are more productive you will feel more comfortable in your life!!

Your living alone is a BIG part of your problem having no one their to talk too, I know because I live alone also & I'm lucky enough to have people close by I could talk about my feelings with. Please don't put off seeing a doctor because until u do that nothing will change how you feel!

• Posted

Trying too come off meds as I feel it makes things worse for me, I don't want to livemy life being drugged for my problems if you know what I mean, and hm seems finding a job keeps popping up as the main cause of my problems, routine is somthing I've never had though so its why I'm attempting to do a basic college course or any course just so I can ease myself into a work habit I sappose? I have tryed this before though, maybe I should just gun it for applying for jobs?

• Posted

Ok didn't realize u were on meds, sounds like a plan taking college courses.

• Posted

I often ask myself the same questions.

My situation is very similar to yours accept I live at home as I'm not ready to live alone yet. I have anxiety and a bunch of other things which often lead me to feel trapped. And I get the sense of just taking a leap of change but I'm scared of it, of change and the outcome.

I too feel my life isn't going anywhere, I'm 21 this year never been able to work.. Never been able to go anywhere alone on the rare occasions that I DO go out.

I'd explain it as being on pause while the rest of the world is playing. Especially seeing the people around me moving forward and getting on with life whilst I'm stuck in the same loophole I was in years ago. It really is a terrible feeling and I'm sad to say I can't offer any advice, but what I can say is you're not alone. Goodluck.

• Posted

Thanks, and its cool, Its nice in a way to know it's not just me who feels this way, I hope things pick up for you, I know what you mean by the pause/play thing, Atm I'm in a bit of a better mood though so I will be getting a few things sorted..all I mean is like cleaning my flat up a bit, but i'll feel better by atleast doing somthing, One thing I will say is living on your own the first time can be scary, you don't know what to expect.. I'd recommend living with a flatmate or somthing at first, not permanantly though, maybe only living on your own if you have a job or good social life or somthign because atleast where I live its easy to get very isolated which doesnt help, I'm kinda stuck with where I live and its too small for two people or a proper pet like a dog or cat.. i have gerbils though :p, my plan is too try and just get out as much as I can,sort out my home, make it tidyier etc, then hopefully end up working so I get the social side of that plus money to buy a house, as I hope to have enough space for someone to live with me or just a dog or somthing :3 need a garden too so i can go outside privately, plus place for pets :p Sadly I obviously can't give any advise to help you either :I as well I'm just on the same boat as you it seems, Just don't ever give up is all ad say smile and thanks for your post :3 Goodluck to you too.

• Posted

I felt like this my whole life. Since being a teenager

I had an issue with abusing benzos. I got married two years ago to an amazing man who is beyond understanding but he doesn't understand this. I stopped taking benzos two years ago has withdrawals. We want to have a baby I'm worried with taking medication. He compares his younger twenties to having some anxiety and tells me

The typical answers to when I open up. I feel alone very sad I'm crying at this moment. I was a social butterfly when I was single and always on a lot of

Meds. I took 4-8 pills a day. Past two years I shun away from people I never truly enjoy events I have days when I wanna sleep all day not see anyone. I'm trapped in my mind. Work situations take the life out of me its massive effort. I love being outside I find myself on weekends that I wait for all week when it's hot not wanting to go anywhere do anything. I can't sleep I have nightmares eating habits are messed up. Gained 30 ibs. Everything gets to me I'm always angry I feel like I'm stuck in a black hole. My moods are up down but I'm never truly happy. I'm worried scared about everything. Everything upsets me. I feel like I'm in despair. I argue with my husband over nonsense. I feel like I push him away even he truly doesn't get it. Even though he fought his own demons and has addiction issues as well. He will make comments that make it all worse. All the women in my family suffer from mental illness my mom is on medication for depression. Therapy never helped. Breathing exercises please. Bs. I am a very strong woman I was so proud not to be on medication for so long but it's a battle everyday that I'm slowly losing. :*(

• Posted

Do u have any close friends u could talk to & they would understand?

I am much older than u but I also feel what u are feeling, I had a husband that I couldn't relate to at ALL!! He passed away & now living on my own & still fighting depression & anxity. I too don't want to leave the house only for work because I have to. My Son lives 11/2 hours away & he makes me go on day trips with him & I must say once I'm out & with him I feel much better. Sometimes u just have to push yourself out the door.

• Posted

Addictions he had I meant. I have three degrees switched careers had to start over I feel like a loser now.
    • Posted

o.o I don't knowwhat to say to be honest, if being of meds is crippling you so badly maybe you need to be on atleast a very small dosage just to calm things down for youself, I don't even have a degree or career so your defiently not a loser, everyones view on winning is different though I  sappose,Breathing exercises are quite Bs, but I find somtimes a deep breath can calm me a bit when I'm tensed up, isnt much but since I ride a motorbike I kinda have to not be tensing up lol so there is some evidence that it works, it at the very least puts more oxygen in your body, which helps :p is it hot where you live? it rains 99% of the time where I am, if not rain then grey clouds.. 

• Posted

i prefer the rain though, I didnt actually finish that comment but I hit enter i think by accident, I don't know what else too say tbh, I hope things improve for you, anything else I could say I feel might sound patranising tbh as you've probably heard it all before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.