I feel violated after an endoscopy

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just recently been prescribed two hearing aids when I received a referral appointment for ENT. When there they did a repeat hearing test at audiology and then I saw a consultant at ENT who talked with me for a few minutes before saying out of the blue that he was going to put a camera up my nose. This was extremely unfomfortable and I tried to push his hand away. Can I just say I am 70 years old and suffered with deafness all my life (I love my new hearing aids) but I have no idea why this procedure was done - I am fit and well with no complaints apart from the usual aches and pains of old age. I do feel violated as there was no warning that this was going to happen, no anesthetic and no explanation.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Good Morning. I had that done on Tuesday. They spray your nose, with some kind of numbing solution, doesn't really help. my doctor was checking my reflux. The Dr. was probably checking your reflux. They don't normally do much more but spray your nose. no anesthetic. It is very uncomfortable, but only lasts for about 30 seconds. I hope it didn't cause you much pain.

• Posted

hi, can i ask is this a new way for endescopy procedure as it usually scoped through the mouth into the stomach?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.