I feel worse than ever has anyone had the same symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been on Fluoxetine for 3 weeks (20mg) and have had no side effects. I visited the doctor and explained that they didn't seem to be working so she put me on 40mg on the 4th week. I've been on 40mg for 4 days now and I feel worse than I have ever felt. I feel drunk and not in control for at least 6 hours after I take them and once that wears off I feel anxious and am struggling to cope with the simplest of things, I am also tired all the time and cant get motivated to do anything. On a good point I am sleeping better than I have ever had but I am really worried in case 40mg is too much or do I need to give them more time to work. Has anyone else had the same symptoms any advice would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Part of this is familiar to me...when I first started taking it and when I went from 10mg to 20mg.  I take mine at bed time and yes I sleep very well also, but it seem to help with side effects until my body was more use to it  Give it more time to get in your system, it is literally one day at a time.  Best wishes!
    • Posted

Hi. Thank you for your reply I think I am really lucky with the side effects as some people have far worse than me, its the feeling drunk bit that I am worried about I have not seen a post where others have mentioned feeling like this after they have taken them for at least 5 hours and I am not seeing the doctor until 3 weeks time.
  • Posted

Hi john, I too had the feeling of being drunk,and my anxiety shot threw the roof especially first thing on a morning. I felt absoluley shocking taking this medication. My dr. Ok me off it but didn't replace it with anything and I have been ok x

• Posted

Hi John,

I am on week 3 and it definitely made my anxiety worsen some days but I am assured by the doctor that this is normal in this stage. I’m starting to have days where I feel like my old self. Most side effects will pass so stick with it if you can handle it. Best of luck x

• Posted

Hi John,

How are you feeling now? Any better on the 40mg?

• Posted

Hi Rylee 

Thanks for your message. I'm on week 5 and on Monday and Tuesday I felt terrible after taking the tablets and then felt absolutely fantastic around 1 pm and felt great until I took the tablets again. Yesterday I felt terrible all day so so anxious struggling to cope etc. I feel the same this morning I'm hoping that Monday and Tuesday afternoon were the start of my recovery and this is a blip but because I felt so good I'm so worried that they are not working for me. I have looked on line and I cannot see anything relating to my symptoms. Im back at the doctors on the 8th October so I am going to try to persevere until then. How are you feeling I hope you are feeling well x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.