I found the cause of my hives

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having hives outbreak almost every night for the past 3 months. The hives would occur all over my body, especially my thighs, and was extremely itchy. I have not had an outbreak for the past 10 days since switching toothpaste. Yea... it was toothpaste... I suspected this could be a tras the outbreak started around the same time I started using a new brand of toothpaste.

im so happy I no longer have to keep scratching myself to death every night. I think some cases of hives are triggered by certain food or chemicals that triggers the bodies immune response. I hope you are able to find A cure to your hives. Try eliminating suspected triggers one by one till you find the culprit

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

That’s great! I swapped to fluoride free toothpaste to see if that htlped my itching but it didn’t. I started an elimination food diet yesterday so in two weeks hopefully I’ll know if food is the issue. Today was the itchiest I’ve been in a while so a bit depressing. The itching spread back to my scalp and parts of my body and my face got a bit sore with me scratching. I’ll go back to logging everything I eat, use, do etc  but it’s sn effort. I know there’s a link somewhere just need to find it!!!! I was itching just as bad on holiday in the US so I know it can’t be my house.  So pleased someone else has identified their trigger though. 
  • Posted

I can also suggest taking a week long holiday just to distance yourself from your current environment. Don’t bring anything from home except your clothes. This could help determine if anything in your current environment, apart from food, is triggering the condition
    • Posted

That was pretty much the case in the US holiday but still had the same issues although reduced a bit. I wondered if it had been the water in the UK but no. Have thought about what food I still ate on holiday but less of but it’s imposdible to track. So full elimination diet for me. If the itching is still there after that it’s either one of the basic food groups used on the elimination diet or back to the drawing board. I’m also on a 7 day skin elimination diet using nothing but bottled water and washing my hair in natural products without letting them run off down my face and keeping my hair up. Not sure what else to do!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.