I found the solution to my Restless legs Syndrome.

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I am 55 years old female and have been suffering

with RLS for two years . I am 5,8 tall and weigh 85 kg.

I have back problems and I was thinking that the problem

was back related. Now i think not.

So recently I discovered Biotin for my thinning hair and brittle nails.

And wow , after 2 months on 1000mg of biotin which is a

form of B vitamin ,my nails are super strong and my

hair grew long quicker ,but the best thing that happened was that

my restless legs are no more.

I did not buy them for my rls but this is what happened.

I take them last thing before bed with a snack and

I feel they help with sleep as well.An added bonus.

They are cheap from the chemist without prescribtion .

If you take too much it just goes out in your urine so there is no

Worry about overdosing.

1000mg works for me but everyone is different .

You might need more or less. Depends your body weight.

Hoe this helps someone or everyone.

Good luck.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

thanks for the info, I will try it, anything to get some help from rls.   I do take Sifrol at the moment and would gladly give it up.     Does anybody taking Sifrol have sleepwalking problems?
  • Posted

I went on high fat very low carb diet for my high cholesterol and my RLS 99% went away. I take clonazepam 0.25mg if it does bother me, works very well but I will try biotin.

B Vitamins always make me nauseated. I'll try bedtime.

And my cholesterol is much improved.

• Posted

A case of how different things work for different people.  I've been taking Biotine for almost 3 years and haven notied no improvement n my RLS.  Hair and nails grow like mad but legs,  thighs, ankles, feet and sometimes arms are still a royal pain.  I'm on a cocktail of several meds and Lidocaine 5% patches.  The patches really help and the meds are iffy.  Work for a while and then augmentation.  Congrats on finding that biotin works for you.

• Posted

Just wondering , how much biotin did you take.?
    • Posted

I usually take 2 5000 mcg tablets (whatever that measurement is) almost daily.  Began using it for hair loss from chemo.  Continue to use it to keep hair from thinning.  Never used it or knew of it's use for RLS.  But, as I've not noticed any difference in  RLS since beginning it  - I deduce it wasn't successful for me.

• Posted

Hi Cajohn  

Thank you so much I will definately try it if I can find it.  Did you find them in the the drug store and is it by certain maker ex james please let me know.  I  live in Canada we do not have all things that Americans have    thanks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.