I fractured my tibia December 1st last year, my ankle is very stiff and I'm still leaping.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I fractured my tibia December 1st last year, my leg was in a cast for 12 week. However, my ankle is stiff and I'm still leaping. Have any one ever in this condition? Is it normal?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Firstly, you used the term "leaping" im presuming this is actually "limping" predicted tx can be awful ! lol

Anyways...your issue can only be from poor physio outcome, physio is absolutely key to recovery.

I would challenge your doctor for further physiotherapy, there are alot of excercises you can do at home to help with the the range of movement to help your stiff ankle, once you get this going you will get some improvements, you've obviously been left a long time in current position so progress may be slow, i the interm try walking slower with focus on heel down first, springing off your toes, toe always at 12 oclock.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for this response, it gives me hope that I will some day walk normal even if it takes another year to come.

• Posted

Im currently 16 weeks in physio after foot and ankle surgery, this recovery phase is slow with no easy way through it, but you have to keep pushing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.